• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mazda B3000 Brakes

gungfudan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
N/A
Quick history on the truck bought the truck last year with only 49,000 miles on so I am sure the brakes are original equipment.
Since I got the truck the ABS light and Brake light would come on sometimes stay on for a few minutes then go off but it never effected how the brakes operate until yesterday. I was driving home the ABS and Brake light came on and traffic was bumper to bumper. When I hit the the car immediately pulled to the left and when I let off it was pulling me to the right like the brake was locked up on that side.

I am going to change everything Calipers, rotors, brake lines (rubber), pads, and the rear drums.

I just don’t know if the ABS light and Brake light coming on is causing any issues as well I don’t want to change everything then it is still doing the same thing because of the ABS.

I need help today because I leave on another hitch offshore Monday.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Did you check fluid level?
Those lights being on are not causing a problem. They are indicating that there is a problem somewhere. I would start by checking fluid level. Then look for leaks at each wheel. Then jack each wheel off the ground and spin them by hand to see if something is dragging somewhere. That should help you decide where to look. You could possibly have a swollen brake hose. When the hoses get old, they swell on the inside. So when you apply the brakes, there is enough pressure to push fluid past the swollen part. But when you release the pedal, the pressure stays in the cylinder and keeps the brakes applied.

gungfudan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
N/A
Did you check fluid level?
Those lights being on are not causing a problem. They are indicating that there is a problem somewhere. I would start by checking fluid level. Then look for leaks at each wheel. Then jack each wheel off the ground and spin them by hand to see if something is dragging somewhere. That should help you decide where to look. You could possibly have a swollen brake hose. When the hoses get old, they swell on the inside. So when you apply the brakes, there is enough pressure to push fluid past the swollen part. But when you release the pedal, the pressure stays in the cylinder and keeps the brakes applied.
Brake fluid is fine I haven’t checked the lines because I just woke up. I have to take my wife to work so I have some transportation to get the parts I am going to just change everything because that was my thought of a bubble in the rubber line. I have had this happen before but never any lights coming on to warn me about it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals