• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

mazda b2300 1997 5.0 swap c124 plug help!

hellhound11268

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b2300
Transmission
Manual
okay so its my first time on here but i figure someone on here might be able to give me some advice or some help atleast i have a 1997 b2300 ive had for the past 9 years.. literaly a daily beater went through 2 2.3, 2 5.0 so ive just built myself a 5.0 lunati cam , edelbrock alu head, arp headstud , ford mustang gt intake and injector, 2.5 dual exhaust 5 speed m5odr2... always ran with a 650cfm carb but im more an injection guy and i like playing with wiring so last year i took a wiring from a 1992 f150 did a stand alone myself until i came to drive it and realise after research cam was too big for map sensor kinda able to run but having a few issue runnin way too rich etc kinda drivable since its mostly always at full throttle but not the best cant get it to run right so now ive just bought myself a fitech go street 600hp it should run way better as soon as i receive it and install it but ive been searching for more information about plug c124 but i cant seem to find a whole lot im tired of running it with racing switches it was fine when i was carb but my goal would be to make it all run with the ingnition switch instead.. anyone could help me figure out the missing information? this is all i was able to find and its not saying whats each pin is doing or what it is suppose to be
20230313_144125.jpg

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
you only need to hook into the red light green for crank and run for the fi tech.

hellhound11268

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b2300
Transmission
Manual
okay so the red light green would be the 1 pin? but without ecu do i need to bypass a wire for my fuel pump to still work with the key ? ive already ordred a 60 psi in tank fuel pump instead going with the inline

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Welcome.

You have the "pin-out" diagrams, but EVTM (Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual) is what would really help you out on the individual circuits.

I'm sorry but I don't have that year. Somebody may come along and post the pages you need, or check eBay for a copy at a reasonable cost.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
the holley just need key on crank/run power. and you run your pump from its system. the gauges are up to you from there....

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
what pages do you need? I got the service manual for 96-99 several years ago but just installed it here.
If you give me some idea what to look for in the EVTM I'll try and and find the pages for you

hellhound11268

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b2300
Transmission
Manual
ive just got an update from the shipping company i should have the fitech by tomorow as well as the fuel pump i should start to install everything right away ill keep you updated of how thing goes or if i have any other question

hellhound11268

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b2300
Transmission
Manual
okay so far the install going well other then while wiring the fitech i notice as soon as i pluged the battery 12V the big red wire the handheld comes on without having the key wire wired yet does anyone of you know if its normal?

hellhound11268

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b2300
Transmission
Manual
everything work with the key still need to play with the fitech tune to make it run right and clean the wiring mess as soon as i installed it i had a few issue which is why right now it look like a mess and why there a second fuel pump in the hood but its getting somewhere cant wait to be able to try it

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo

hellhound11268

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b2300
Transmission
Manual
could be better looking but finally manage to make a shifter since im using a m5od it was way to further under the dash i had to come up with something somehow i had old shocks , metal plate , inner and outer tie rod laying around so for something i did for free under 1hour its decent and actually work awesome !

Attachments

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Blang before bling!

hellhound11268

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda b2300
Transmission
Manual
as long as it holding while doing burnout/daily thats all i need been working on that truck for so long had alot of issue last summer i was trying to run 1991 wiring from a f150 with mustang intake and injector that i made stand alone myself but with all the mod to the engine i never was able to make it run right always too rich but it was still taking 3rd rolling burnout 4th on brake stand the little ranger doing pretty well for himself ... but next step i dont know if it has ever been done i cant find anything online about it but im looking at making fit 2010 crown victoria front strut to replace the front coil springs i got 2 of them today in a junkyard for 20$ mesurement and lenght so far looks good so with a bit of work it should be doable if i do manage to make it ill post it on here too

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals