• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Maxtrac Spindle Lift

AyAnthony702

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
Do I need new wheel bearings if I install maxtrac spindles? Or can I just buy regular ranger ones and press them in?

Deerpaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The regular bearings are fine. When I installed the spindles I took the bearings down to O'Reillys and they had the same size, packed them and put them back.

Rangstang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If it ain't broke, I can't fix it.
I currently have Chassis Tech lift spindles on my 2003 Edge 2WD with 31x10.5x15 tires and the turning radius is hideous. The truck is very difficult to maneuver in parking lots making the turns. Thought about notching the control arms and then reinforcing the inside to increase the clearance, but I was a little scared about it.

I've heard of the many issues people have with the Edge/Trailhead trucks using lift spindles of either radius or brake caliper interference issues. Found Maxtrac 4" spindles and wondered what your thoughts are on the pair you have?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

Last edited:

gruller65

Reaction score
So I have these don't get them
Spindles will grind your coilbucket when extending

Also this is pulling everything and my entire front ends joints need to be replaced

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

gruller65

Reaction score
I currently have Chassis Tech lift spindles on my 2003 Edge 2WD with 31x10.5x15 tires and the turning radius is hideous. The truck is very difficult to maneuver in parking lots making the turns. Thought about notching the control arms and then reinforcing the inside to increase the clearance, but I was a little scared about it.

I've heard of the many issues people have with the Edge/Trailhead trucks using lift spindles of either radius or brake caliper interference issues. Found Maxtrac 4" spindles and wondered what your thoughts are on the pair you have?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.
Alright here's what you need to know . don't buy there kits . I got the 99 lift kit with spindles coils shocks and shackles . rear has no problem. the spindles hit my coilbucket and it's destroyed my front end and I am needing to replace my uca tie rod ends and ball joints from the contact . from what I'm told the rangers suspention is limited by the shock leingth and the max Trac shock is to long therefore the spindle when at full droop smashes the coil bucket

The coils will only lift the set point of your front end and not give any clearance upgrade I am going to switch to bilstine shocks on my front end (they are an inch shorter) and see if I get the bumping if I do I will have to get limiting straps

Update to this the company is basicly telling me to go **** myself so here's my experience

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals