• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Maverick is weird

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
But, you know what? I DON'T GIVE A <CENSORED>. I'll buy a Maverick because it's perfect for me. You go ahead and keep driving your beat up Ranger, and your beat up '250 until the wheels fall off.

Oh, and by the way, I just checked with my insurance company. They classify Maverick as a TRUCK. Therefore, IT IS A TRUCK. You lose.
You need to experience more Regina.

Maybe you'd be less cranky.

I mean... what the hell else is there to do in Saskatchewan in winter?

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

RegularGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My only real complaint about the maverick is the lack of cab options (by extension, the bed length), and the trailer weight rating. There are a couple different variables that go into trailer ratings, but in the case of the maverick I'd assume it's the ability to hold on a hill while parked. At 3600lbs, the electric parking brake is probably what's keeping the rating so low.

It's my belief, four wheel independent suspension is the way to go with such a vehicle. Whether it's better overall than a solid axle is its own argument to be had, but when it comes to predictability when you hit a pothole at 70mph, it's the best choice.
Longevity is great and all, but Ford isn't trying to get them off the showroom when they're 10+ years old. It's the initial driving experience (usually on the street without a load or trailer) that makes Ford money

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
No excuses from me. In fact, if you look somwhere around page three or four of this thread, I actually SAID that the Gen1 Ranger can haul more than a Maverick.

Payload for a Maverick is 1,500 pounds. Maximum payload for a Gen1 Ranger is 1750. I won't deny that. In fact, I looked it up for myself, and directly stated as such. In fact, you were just blustering out your backside, claiming with no actual numbers that the Gen1 Ranger had a higher payload. You didn't bother to state (until this post that I've quoted) what the Ranger's payload was, and you've NEVER stated what the payload of a Maverick is.

But, you know what? I DON'T GIVE A <CENSORED>. I'll buy a Maverick because it's perfect for me. You go ahead and keep driving your beat up Ranger, and your beat up '250 until the wheels fall off.

Oh, and by the way, I just checked with my insurance company. They classify Maverick as a TRUCK. Therefore, IT IS A TRUCK. You lose.
I stated what i stated because i knew the numbers beforehand. I also believe that someone else had stated the maverick numbers before hand.

But whatever it doesnt matter. Neither of my trucks are "beat up" just have well earned patina, and yes going strictly by what the insurance company classes something is 100% correct. The subraru baja probably was listed as a truck too, doesnt mean it was one, the insurance classed my expedition as a station wagon, pretty sure it shared little in common with a country squire.

I dont lose a damn thing. If you or whoever wants to be a maverick and drive around with your little tiny tot bed, limp weiner suspension, and a chassis that resembles a 800 dollar lowes riding mower then be my guest, i wont lose any sleep....but dont exepect that turd, just like the ridgeline, baja, and whatever other garbage along these lines that gets cranked out in the future to ever earn the respect of the truck community, and you might as well get used to getting butthurt over comments like mine. Cause i wont be the only one making them.

Last edited:

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
You need to experience more Regina.

Maybe you'd be less cranky.

I mean... what the hell else is there to do in Saskatchewan in winter?
Probably didnt get his dose of daily maple syrup.

Last edited:

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
My only real complaint about the maverick is the lack of cab options (by extension, the bed length), and the trailer weight rating. There are a couple different variables that go into trailer ratings, but in the case of the maverick I'd assume it's the ability to hold on a hill while parked. At 3600lbs, the electric parking brake is probably what's keeping the rating so low.

It's my belief, four wheel independent suspension is the way to go with such a vehicle. Whether it's better overall than a solid axle is its own argument to be had, but when it comes to predictability when you hit a pothole at 70mph, it's the best choice.
Longevity is great and all, but Ford isn't trying to get them off the showroom when they're 10+ years old. It's the initial driving experience (usually on the street without a load or trailer) that makes Ford money
Ive hit plenty of potholes at 70mph with solid axles and never once lost control

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
The Maverick gives Ridgeline owners a vehicle they can trade for if they want to quit shaving their legs and start wearing men's clothing. It's not an F350 but it'll haul enough to keep most home owners happy ,it will hold as many passengers as a small/ mid size car, and get decent mileage doing it. I've read that it uses the Escape/ Bronco Sport chassis so Ford kept the IRS rather than spend money to engineer something different, it's obviously not meant to haul heavy loads. The Transit Connect is based on the Focus platform with rear leaf spring suspension added to increase the load rating. Ford surrendered the small truck market to Toyota and Nissan when they discontinued the Ranger in 2011, they deserve credit for creating something to compete with the Ridgeline and whatever Hyundai calls their 4 door trucky thing.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
The Maverick gives Ridgeline owners a vehicle they can trade for if they want to quit shaving their legs and start wearing men's clothing. It's not an F350 but it'll haul enough to keep most home owners happy ,it will hold as many passengers as a small/ mid size car, and get decent mileage doing it. I've read that it uses the Escape/ Bronco Sport chassis so Ford kept the IRS rather than spend money to engineer something different, it's obviously not meant to haul heavy loads. The Transit Connect is based on the Focus platform with rear leaf spring suspension added to increase the load rating. Ford surrendered the small truck market to Toyota and Nissan when they discontinued the Ranger in 2011, they deserve credit for creating something to compete with the Ridgeline and whatever Hyundai calls their 4 door trucky thing.
Ridgelines dont exactly fly off the lot though. Thats why i dont get why they are even bothering competeing with it.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
t dont exepect that turd, just like the ridgeline, baja, and whatever other garbage along these lines that gets cranked out in the future to ever earn the respect of the truck community,
It's the Hyundai Santa Cruz

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

TexasDuck66
July Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals