• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Manual to power window conversion

1983dieselranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone know how hard it would be to convert my manual windows in my 94 ranger to power windows? I have the space under the hood for power windows all i need is a fuse in it. Any suggestions?

dude772

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
no. you need a power window conversion kit. They run about $200, for 2doors.

Before the kit is installed

After the kit is installed

Takes about an hour to install the motor and cabels in the door, and about another hour to nicely wire it up.

1983dieselranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am wanting to get the parts from a junk yard including factory door panels and have it look factory. The installation part is gonna be cake walk. I didn't know if there was a wiring harness under my dash that i could just plug into and go or if i had to rewire everything under the dast to power the doors.

coffee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Electric Life makes a great conversion that will fit the factory holes in your doors (you may need to enlarge a hole or two) and is a breeze to install. It looks factory. They also have different styles of switches and mounts. And if you want power door locks, they've got them also. Some of their parts amy be a little more $ than others but they sure stand by their products and are a pleasure to deal with. That's worth the price at twice the money. Stay away from Auto-loc, unless you like the smell of electric solenoids burning while you drive.

mikes06cbr

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have never done it to a ranger but i have to a mustang... yeah you can pull the guts from a bone yard and yeah it was a plug a play for me... good luck

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
Typically the wiring that runs through the cab is universal for all options for the truck. The only difference is the harness in the door that plugs into the cab.

This is based on my experiance swapping in a manual tcase. I found that the wiring for both setups was there so it was as simple as plug and play.

Last edited:

dude772

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
There was no option for power windows in my 1990 ranger. I had to wire it all up from nothing. Still used the factory fuse placement tho. Used an explorer dash harness to be able to use the facotry fuse location.

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i cheated............bought 2 doors that already had locks/windows for $60.got harness and all.........they were even white.

Twitch57

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
I wish i had manual windows

it seems like once a year i have to tear off a door to fix the stupid gear inside the window engine

american

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 ford ranger
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Can I use the wires that go to electric mirrors for the wires to go to electric windows.i have manul truck mirrors 93 ford ranger with manuel windows got electric windows from junk yard but plugs don't match up

american

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 ford ranger
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I am wanting to get the parts from a junk yard including factory door panels and have it look factory. The installation part is gonna be cake walk. I didn't know if there was a wiring harness under my dash that i could just plug into and go or if i had to rewire everything under the dast to power the doors.
I want to do the same

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals