• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

> MAF HIGH (P0103) followed by MAF Low (P0102)... is that how they "burnout"??

fixizin

FoMoCo is forcing me to buy a 'yota
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O
AutoZone has DuraLast brand... seems I used something of theirs before, and it's still going... I think... :unsure:

fixizin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
A properly suspensioned Ranger can be safely airborne for up to 4 seconds at a time! =:O
MUCH OBLIGED if ANYbody could link me to a Hitachi for: 1999 3.0 "Vulcan" FLEX-fuel, cuz my web-fu hasn't turned up one, even in the remote corners of Ebay Motors, Amazon, etc... help! :dntknw:

fixizin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
OK, thanks for trying... gotta "go in" and risk it w/ Duh Duralast... tired of running 'round in "limp-home" mode (LHM?)...

... then I'll sell the old housing to TURBO enthusiasts here on TRS... ;)

fixizin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Oh yeah... 24 hours later, Duh Duralast running fine, sending sweet, smoothly-varying data to the ECM... idles better than the FoMoCo MAF did, even before it started throwing codes...

... should probably check/clean my IAC one of these days... been about 10 years/35k miles since I swapped that out...

GOOD NEWS!... Duralast MAF Sensor is NOT Commie Mainland Chi-nee!... it's ANTI-Commie Taiwan Chi-nee! (y)

Last edited:

fixizin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL Spurt
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 (Flex)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Wrecking yard Motorcraft MAF is better than new anything else, just clean it, these rarely fail so not a big gamble getting a used one
Went to the U-pick boneyard this past weekend--first time in a decade--and EVERY Ranger/Mazda-B/Explorer had the entire air filter box + MAF + Ribbed Tube picked clean back to the throttle-body... and in one case the TB and Intake Manifold were gone too... WTF? Do peeps destroy their airboxes trying to change the air filter? Do peeps read TRS and stock up on MAFs??

Anyway, can't wait to get back to a four day 10-hour shift schedule, where I have Wednesdays off... much more to pick over on a weekday... or at least more parking.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals