• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

M5OD Inner Shift Boot? ('94)

lowspeedpursuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
These are made by IRVIN transfer case boot 277532 the bezel 27624 1 shifter boot I have 3 they appear to be identical 276237 and 276490 third one has no visible number. Like another said get some belting , mud flap or some kind of softer rubber and cut one out. If you need measurements , I'll gladly get them for you . Good luck
Thank you for checking. That first number resolves to an ebay listing, so presumably those parts might pop up from time to time.

Flat rubber sheet works fine for the trans shifter, and I plan to buy the 6L5Z-7277-C next time I'm down by the dealer, but now that we're talking about it, I don't really have a great solution for sealing the t-case shifter. Unlike the trans, the t-case shifter needs to move something like 3" forward and back, so without a bunched up/accordion boot, you kind of have to cut a 3" long hole in whatever you're using. IIRC my Jeep has something like plastic brush bristles turned sideways filling the gap, but that also has less air flowing in because the shifters are built into the center console.

I've considered something like this.

My problem is that using the shifters I have causes issues. 2nd gear is blocked by the tcase shifter in low range.
I can't follow that link, and I'm also curious what trans/t-case/shifter combo you have. I have an M5OD with the stock shifter, and a BW1354 manual with the shifter snapped off, so I literally have a piece of 1/2" pipe jammed over what was left and welded in place. So it's twice as wide as the t-case shifter ought to be, and I still don't have any interference, although it is very close.

2 bronco 11s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford bronco 11
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That air never get cold. At least on my truck.

I've considered something like this.

My problem is that using the shifters I have causes issues. 2nd gear is blocked by the tcase shifter in low range. Really need to look into that. Kinda wanna change up my gearshift lever anyway. Prefer the look of the older angled ones.
Here are the 3 shifters and the correct levers. The smallest is for the C 5 , Fm145 not sure about the 4 speed. The one mounted is for the AOD , FM 146, M5 , 1350 transfer case. The lever is straight and longer than the C-5. The one sitting next to the one mounted is for the 1354 transfer case. Notice the lever is crooked. The mounting bolt for all with the shoulder and bushing are all the same. Hope this helps.

Attachments

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
I'm also curious what trans/t-case/shifter combo you have.
It's a 1350 and matching shifter assembly that I'm pretty sure was attached to a TK4/5. I have it on a M5OD that came out 01 Explorer sport, which I'm assuming it was swapped into cause it has the earlier shift lever and mounting holes.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for that. I'm sure it'll be of use to other members as well.

Last edited:

2 bronco 11s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford bronco 11
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
It's a 1350 and matching shifter assembly that I'm pretty sure was attached to a TK4/5. I have it on a M5OD that came out 01 Explorer sport, which I'm assuming it was swapped into cause it has the earlier shift lever and mounting holes.

Thank you for that. I'm sure it'll be of use to other members as well.
I converted two from the AOD to the M5. An 88 and a 90. The lever on the 1350 should be around 3 inches long. In the picture the one mounted is a 1350 and a M5 out of a 93 Ranger and 87 1350. Just went out and got All 4 shifters . The 1350 and 1354 other than the offset on the fork and lever on the case are the same as far as mounting and length. The other two one 84 and the other 86 I believe. Both are different from each other and the other 2. One will move the shift lever back about three inches , the other roughly about 1 inch. All 4 will bolt to these transmissions. I keep a rebuilt spare 1350 and have no idea which one is in what vehicle. Two FM 146's two M5's.

4x4prepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

lowspeedpursuit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The "small" rubber shift boot looks perfect for the manual t-case upper. Might buy it, since a 1" BL has made it so I need the t-case shifter to sit about an inch, inch-and-a-half further forward relative to the trans shifter. Don't see anything for the lower/inner boots, though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals