• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

M50D clutch line removal

AKBroncoII

Reaction score
mine won't come off. I have a little split plastic piece around where it's supposed to be pushed in. Then I have another split plastic piece that looks like a fuel line removal tool. How the hell is it supposed to come off.

Byrd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
67'
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
352 soon to be 460
Transmission
Automatic
I have the same deal with the same problem. I thought mine was tore up but since yours is split too maybe not. That white plastic thing is supposed to be pushed in towards the slave cylinder and held there with a special tool (Its just a two prong fork type thing). Then with a little tug the line is just supposed to come right out...

Some insight would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Byrd

AKBroncoII

Reaction score
That's not quite working in my case. I can't even get to the plastic piece, it's inside now. Are there supposed to be 2 plastic pieces?

Byrd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
67'
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
352 soon to be 460
Transmission
Automatic
It only talks about one in my book here. the white one. and its just supposed to be pushed in towards the slave and the "with a slight tug, remove the line" right from the book. Helps alot i know. I cant even get my white piece to move let alone to go inside.

What bothers me the most is that this is the ONLY thing that is keeping this motor/trans in my truck before i can move on to putting the new setup in!!!

I even went and checked at the parts store to see how much just buying a new setup would cost so i could just cut it out, but at $120 for the slave and another $120 for the Master I think i'll just mess around with it till It comes free.... :annoyed:

Got any idea on how to test a slave w/o it being in the truck?

-Byrd

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
When I took mine off, it was pretty stubborn. That white ring IS supposed to have a diagnal (I think) slot in it.

Just wiggle it in and out, side to side, and all over, and it will eventually come out. don't pull on it too hard, becuase it is attached to the slave cylinder. Although, you should be getting a new slave cylinder anyway if you are taking the tranny out/ off. Slave cylenders almost always start to leake if you reuse them. If nothing else, replacing it is preventative maintence.

kkjb4x4.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
Pushing the line in towards the slave as you push in the plastic ring should help. Using a very small screwdriver should work, it may take awhile but eventually will come out..good luck.

snoopdoggie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 2.9 2.9 4.0 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Try sraying the entire thing down with some lubricating oil, WD40 or the like. Get the plastic ring to spin first. It is supposed to have a diagonal split. Then work on getting it to push in. The ring is there to release the spring like fingers that hold the line in the slave. Even after you get the plastic ring to push in, you will loose sight of almost the entire ring when it is in there far enough, the line can still be tight due to dirt and corrision. Keep spraying it down as you work things loose.

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
You can also disconnect the line from the master cylinder.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals