• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lurking for years

Spleen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Been lurking these forums for years and using much of the info here, going to start posting some so figured I’d make an account and introduction. I’m currently on my 5th Ranger that I refer to as my “forever Ranger”, it is a 1994 XLT long bed with a 3.0 v6 and auto trans, I originally wanted to go South and bring one back (I live where they salt in the winter, 95% of stuff that’s spent a few winters on the road here isn’t worth messing with) but my wife found this one in Detroit Michigan with 95k on it last year with MINIMAL rust (come to find out they use sand on the road in parts of Michigan instead of road salt, news to me) so I went and got it. Truck appears to never have been abused, though it does seem that it sat for a few years but after some suspension work and tune up stuff and new belts and hoses, I daily drove it last summer and have been daily driving it this summer as well, however I put it away as soon as they salt the roads in November for the first time and it doesn’t come out again until April. Before this one I had 4 other Rangers, my last one being an 06 b2300 which I absolutely loved and drove up until about 3 months ago but unfortunately rust got the best of the frame, but it owed me nothing, got me through this last winter. Going further there’s a few things I’d like to do to the Ranger this off season around getting my Eagle Talon put back together including dropping it a bit, had a 2/2 drop on my b2300 and would like to go a touch lower with the Ranger while keeping the ability to daily it in the salt free months.
20A20568-1DBC-4BDF-9501-03D1936701CC.jpeg

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
You don't find them that clean in Michigan very often. Must have come from way north in the mitten.

Welcome to TRS...

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Welcome. That's a nice-looking truck, and IMHO I think that 1994 was one of the best years for the Ranger and Explorer.

It's getting harder to find nice older Rangers anywhere these days.

Bless you for keeping this one out of the salt, and for giving it a good home.

Spleen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the love! It needs a little more work, it has some rust bubbled up in the bottom rear corners of the bed that will need and of course will be addressed sooner than later but other than that it’s solid. Even at only 102k miles the A4LD is doing A4LD things and has since I got it last spring at 95k miles so no ifs ands or buts about it it’s getting rebuilt during the off months, but after a lot of reading on them it seems to be like many of Ford’s failure prone transmissions and can be built to hold up well not abused with some of the updated and “correction” parts, either way while functioning now it has to be addressed. Other than that I do plan some different seats hopefully with a center console (other Ranger or Explorer seats) and I do plan to lower it and pick up some bullit Mustang wheels (overdone, I know, but I love the look) but just how low is up in the air. I’d love doing dream beams so it’s done “right” but 3/4 might be a touch low for my taste and to go that route I’d be in a good chunk of change. Maybe a 2/3 drop would be plenty, who’s to say, I’m not rushing, but either way keeping it tasteful and daily driveable, no hacking it up.

MXGerry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Neat XLT! Welcome

rumblecloud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1-1/2 inch front leveling
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50/15
My credo
What's the worst that could happen?
Good looking Ranger! Wish mine looked that good.
Welcome to TRS.
Is the Red Wings logo yours or the previous owners?;)

Spleen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Good looking Ranger! Wish mine looked that good.
Welcome to TRS.
Is the Red Wings logo yours or the previous owners?;)
Sorry for the late response! That would be from the previous owner being it came from Detroit, I can’t say I’m a fan of any Michigan team (it’s an Ohio thing!).

rumblecloud

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1-1/2 inch front leveling
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50/15
My credo
What's the worst that could happen?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals