• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lowering B2300

Garrett Somero

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Hi im new to this forum, but i think you guys can help me. I have a 1996 Mazda B2300. single cab short bed manual with 2.3l I4. what i want to do is lower it 2-3 inches. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on it my self. I plan of flipping the axle over the leaf springs and cutting 1 coil out of the front. The only problem with this is that i will need to buy some shorter shock absorbers. Is it fine to do these mods, or is there something else that i should do also. Any help would be appreciated.

ericlerouge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 td
Transmission
Manual
you should check the suspension section, both ranger and mazda b has the same setup...

Brad474747

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
If you're looking to cut springs I'd recommend going to a salvage yard and picking up a pair of front springs that will fit your suspension and cutting those, then you'll have a stock set that you can revert to if need be.
Cutting springs can reduce ride quality and can also increase the risk of something going wrong.
And as always when cutting measure twice cut once, especially where suspension is involved

Garrett Somero

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
If you're looking to cut springs I'd recommend going to a salvage yard and picking up a pair of front springs that will fit your suspension and cutting those, then you'll have a stock set that you can revert to if need be.
Cutting springs can reduce ride quality and can also increase the risk of something going wrong.
And as always when cutting measure twice cut once, especially where suspension is involved
I do have another set of springs that i can use. i have another problem now, i need new shocks in the front. Also i think that i will flip the rear carriers instead if flipping the axle. i dont know what shocks to get. i found that a few sites that said that you need the extended and compressed height of my shocks so i know what size to get. if i want to lower the front 2 inches then can i just take out 2 inches from the measurements of the stock shocks? or not? any help would be nice.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Just buy a kit and do it correctly.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals