• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lowering a 2wd bronco II.

sycophuk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
"01"3.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
i did it in 95 with a 88 no bags mostly stock r.b.v. parts the things i rember are i used after market i beams they were used but i think they were djm the 2wd b2 is nothing like a 2wd ranger i used all the hangers springs from a ranger i swaped out the tranny and dummy transfer case for a 5spd not the 4 o\d then i realized the the body blocks were also of 4wd so stock rangers went in the rear i removed all the leafs but the main then used 2 inch blocks it was sweet and i could twist donuts inside of a single parking space it was like a top

bagdranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

sycophuk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
"01"3.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
first off i would like to say looks cool esp parked. bags are fun but bags n notchs means show no go. i would like to think that i lowered the first b2 back in 92 , came on a few annoying porblems. the aftermarket i beams are a must,everything else can come from junk yards ,trans so you can ditch the dummy ,body mounts ,beam hangers,leaf hangersall stand 2wd stuff ,this will net you a canyon carving camero wish they could handel as wellreally but that is one sik b2

sean87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
hey guys I am kinda confused on some of this, I am new to lowering instead of lifting, I might be buying a 2wd bronco 2 soon and am considering lowering it, the back is no problem, the front tho is what has me concerned, i cant find any drop ibeams for a bronco, do I have to swap everything from a 2wd ranger to do it or? thanks for the info guys

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
first off i would like to say looks cool esp parked. bags are fun but bags n notchs means show no go. i would like to think that i lowered the first b2 back in 92 , came on a few annoying porblems. the aftermarket i beams are a must,everything else can come from junk yards ,trans so you can ditch the dummy ,body mounts ,beam hangers,leaf hangersall stand 2wd stuff ,this will net you a canyon carving camero wish they could handel as wellreally but that is one sik b2
What do you mean bags mean show no go? :dunno:

hey guys I am kinda confused on some of this, I am new to lowering instead of lifting, I might be buying a 2wd bronco 2 soon and am considering lowering it, the back is no problem, the front tho is what has me concerned, i cant find any drop ibeams for a bronco, do I have to swap everything from a 2wd ranger to do it or? thanks for the info guys
yes, its been stated in this thread a couple of times. Swap out the beam pivot brackets and use 2wd Ranger coil springs (unless you use lowering coils).

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i did it in 95 with a 88 no bags mostly stock r.b.v. parts the things i rember are i used after market i beams they were used but i think they were djm the 2wd b2 is nothing like a 2wd ranger i used all the hangers springs from a ranger i swaped out the tranny and dummy transfer case for a 5spd not the 4 o\d then i realized the the body blocks were also of 4wd so stock rangers went in the rear i removed all the leafs but the main then used 2 inch blocks it was sweet and i could twist donuts inside of a single parking space it was like a top
Are you serious? so instead of notching the frame you decided riding around on bumpstops was better. I bet it rode like a tank.

Comparing it to a canyon carving Camero??? Orealy. Just cuz it has bags, doesn't mean it's a show truck. I guess you haven't kept up with air ride technologies kits to know any better. I guess it's hard when your stuck in a trailer park and all you have to read is 80's truckin magazines.

FWIW I doubt you were the first one to lower a B2 in 89. The 2wd B2 has been around for longer than that.:icon_cheers:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals