• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lowering a 2021 Ranger

Derek costello

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I recently purchased a brand new Ranger, a 2021 4x2 SuperCab that is pretty lightly equipped; I'm not going to go into a lot of details about story right now, because I feel that narrative might be better served in a different context, but the end outcome of my transaction is I now own two Rangers, a new one and my old 2002 Thunderbolt. I do not intend to keep this Thunderbolt; having the luxury of two vehicles, I originally had two of which neither was a reasonable daily driver. The truck is need of some pretty laborious repairs, and my other car at the time, a Golf R, was more a track-ready car I could drive daily, than a daily driver I could take to the track thanks to the previous owner's modifications to turn the wick up on it's drivetrain.

I will eventually be putting the Thunderbolt up for sale, but I plan to spend the rest of the year refurbishing the truck; I would rather not place it up for sale in it's current state because I'm concerned the next owner will daily-drive a rare, 20 year old Ranger with hard-or-impossible to replace parts because it's cheap enough. That's not what this post is about either.

I would eventually like to lower my truck. While I understand the advantages of an elevated view of the road, I feel like I'm a safer and better driver when I have spatial awareness of the dimensions of my vehicle in the context of lines on the road; the Thunderbolt splits the difference between a car and a new truck marvelously. I bought a 4x2 because I don't care for the 4WD system when 99% of the roads I travel on are flat and paved, and I didn't want the extra cost or weight of a system that I would only use because it's there and not because I want or need it. As I've searched around, I have comprehensively failed to find an out of the box solution, and so far have only found a couple of companies that are getting there seemingly through chassis modification instead of bolt-on parts. I'm wondering if anyone is aware of lowering kits and packages specifically designed for this generation Ranger, whether it be in the US or overseas. Considering the platform has been on sale since 2015 internationally, I would hope that someone somewhere by now would have looked at this "problem" and have either an answer, or an explanation as to why there isn't yet one.

I lowered my 2021 ranger 5" at the rear and 3" at the front It looks great, it corners better, less sway, I can get in and out without a step ladder and I can use the tail gate as a bench.
I used Belltechs kit for the rear which is a well designed kit but don't use Belltech for the front as it has too much spring slop
because of poor design (my observation), I know of NO car or truck manufactures that does not make springs fit snug to their mountings. I would recommend coil/over springs from a company that designs them for the front of the new rangers.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Multiple
Make / Model
Rangers
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
stock
Total Drop
stock
Tire Size
stock
My credo
I don't subscribe to causes that are compelled by irrational fears.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Multiple
Make / Model
Rangers
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
stock
Total Drop
stock
Tire Size
stock
My credo
I don't subscribe to causes that are compelled by irrational fears.
A few photos of the what it looks like today
This looks really damn good. I'm a fan of this. I honestly don't know if I'm going to do this anymore to my truck, I'm leaning into the T-Bolt pretty hard and I might end up selling the new ranger when I'm done with my work on this one. But if I don't, I'll definitely be adding this kit to my new truck. Beautiful Ranger, Tinmender. Thank you for sharing your work with us.

Frazierderek10

Law Enforcement
U.S. Military - Active
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Maybe I overlooked it but would love to know the wheel/tire combo and specs. Love the look!

Derek costello

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I have the original wheels and tires on my lowered ford ranger. I used Belltech's rear axel flip kit (5") and the 2 .75"
front lowering shocks & stock springs (not the best). This is on a 2021 4wheel dr. ranger.
Derek

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
that white ranger looks way better at that height than the stock ones do. they are to tall

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals