• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

lowered ranger suspension

spnlthaxton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
OK EVERY ONE HERES WHAT I HAVE A 93 RANGER XLT SUPERCAB 3.0 V6 WITH 5 SPEED MAN TRANS I HAVE A DJM FLIP KIT IN THE REAR(4 INCH) AND BEING IT A SUPER CAB THE CARRIER BEARING SHIM KIT ALSO DJM (CB31) I ALSO HAVE THE DREAM BEAMS FOR THE FRONT BUT DO NOT HAVE THEM ON YET THE REAR IS DONE MY PROBLEM IS IM GETTING A HARSH UNFORGIVING RIDE DO I NEED TO PURCHASE THE 2 INCH LIFTING SHACKLES AS IT STATE'S IN LMC TRUCKS CATALOG THE TECH GUY AT DJM WHICH IS A DICK BY THE WAY SAID NO THERE ARENT ANY LIFTING SHACKLES ALSO IN THE REAR MY DRIVERSSIDE BUMP STOP SITS JUST RIGHT ON TOP OF THE AXLE WHERE THE PASS SIDE HAS BOUT A INCH OR 2 BETWEEN IT I NOTICED ON MY DRIVERSIDE TH BODY LINES ARE A LITTLE OFF WHERE THE BED MEETS THE CAB THE CAB IS A LITTLE LOWER I WAS THINKING MY A WEEK COIL SPRING ON THIS SIDE??? ALSO WHEN I GET THE BEAMS INSTALLED WILL THIS TAKE PRESSURE OFF THE BACK IF THERE IS ANY AND OF COURSE I KNOW THIS WILL LEVEL THE TRUCK BACK OUT:shok:

sparkdic

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Just a fore warning but this should be in the lowriders section and is prolly going to end up moved there. Aside from that with the bumpstops on the diff its going to give you that rough ride but before you do anything get the front beams installed and check how the truck sits. The reason for this is if the rear sits level you wouldn't want to lift it. If the rear seems to sit a but low then put the lift shackles on it, if it sits at a good stance, cut or remove the bumpstops, depending how weak your rear springs are it may keep dropping. If it doesn't drop but you still bottom out u may need to mini notch the frame. By the way are u running drop shocks or stock shocks? With the rearend flipped, stock shocks don't have too much travel left. On my 97 the stock shocks keep the diff from touching the frame but there is only about 1/2" of travel.

dj224ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
as said before dont do anything more to the back until you do the front but up can cut the stock bump stops to have a better ride but you still will bottom out occasionally
a small c notch would be the best

slammedxonair

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
91 and 00
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yup get the front end down. Then trim your bumpstops. if you have old shocks I reccomend upgrading to Doetsch Nitro Slammer Shocks #1 or the DJM Calmax Shocks #2 both have better valving for lowered trucks. At that point you really should not run into to many bottoming out issues unless you have the bed loaded down. You may want to use a DJM bolt in notch or a universal bolt in notch. Lift shackles from DJM are only available for the 98+ Rangers. All of the products listed above are availble though me and listings are in my vendor forum.

spnlthaxton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
stock for now

constant_projecttruck

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The body line issue seems to be the infamous Ranger leen. Most Rangers leen to the driver side. All mine except for my 86 havehad the leen.

spnlthaxton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The body line issue seems to be the infamous Ranger leen. Most Rangers leen to the driver side. All mine except for my 86 havehad the leen.
so how is the "lean" corrected new coils springs?:icon_welder:

constant_projecttruck

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 Ford
Transmission
Automatic
so how is the "lean" corrected new coils springs?:icon_welder:
You could try that...but when I put new lowering coils in it didn't help. The only way I have ever made it better was by "shimming" :icon_welder: the bed mounts and raising the one corner of the bed up. It worked pretty good but it messed up the profile of the truck by making it appear lower in the back.

Slim

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 + 2003
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 and 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Yup get the front end down. Then trim your bumpstops. if you have old shocks I reccomend upgrading to Doetsch Nitro Slammer Shocks #1 or the DJM Calmax Shocks #2 both have better valving for lowered trucks. At that point you really should not run into to many bottoming out issues unless you have the bed loaded down. You may want to use a DJM bolt in notch or a universal bolt in notch. Lift shackles from DJM are only available for the 98+ Rangers. All of the products listed above are availble though me and listings are in my vendor forum.
Brian, when you say better valving for lowered trucks do you mean the valving is firmer (to resist bottoming) or ..... ?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals