• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lowered 4wd's?

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
(Btw, this thread may have been my first posts. I won't go on a rampage looking for exact dates, but I joined in Jan '08. So it's like, my baby thread.)
Actually it was your second thread. It appears to contain post numbers 32, 33, and now (almost 4.5 years later) 2,349.

I was very bored.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Lemme guess, you waited almost three years to post this comment? :icon_rofl:

I haven't even looked at this thread since about a month after I posted it, until now.

(Btw, this thread may have been my first posts. I won't go on a rampage looking for exact dates, but I joined in Jan '08. So it's like, my baby thread.)
Yep, I thought it was an appropriate comment for the time [snicker].
I've been researching lowering my 4x4 short course race truck, making it less likely to roll, which is why your thread popped up.

Richard

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
Actually it was your second thread. It appears to contain post numbers 32, 33, and now (almost 4.5 years later) 2,349.

I was very bored.
HAHAHA!!! That's awesome! Now I know how to get something done. All I have to do is hint something to you.

Btw, how is it that you found out they were posts #32 and 33, and my second thread? Is your memory just THAT good, perhaps?

Yep, I thought it was an appropriate comment for the time [snicker].
I've been researching lowering my 4x4 short course race truck, making it less likely to roll, which is why your thread popped up.

Richard
Just think, I've been flamed, several times, for even mentioning the idea of lowering a 4wd. Now you've given a great reason for it to be a viable option.

Btw, did you look around on RangerPowerSports on information about lowering 4wds? There's a guy on there that I've talked with about it, and he managed (I think) to get his 4wd to be a hair lower than a stock 2wd. I wish I remembered his screen name, but if you search for "Insanejughead" and "4wd" you should see those results pop up.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
HAHAHA!!! That's awesome! Now I know how to get something done. All I have to do is hint something to you.

Btw, how is it that you found out they were posts #32 and 33, and my second thread? Is your memory just THAT good, perhaps?
Only if it's when I'm killing time right before a family reunion. Double if it's one I'm afraid someone might get killed at (like the one I just got back from).

I wish my memory was that good. Was playing around with the features of the search function. To find out it was you second thread I searched for threads created by you, then sorted them by thread start date and in ascending order (oldest to newest). This thread showed up second on the list. Then just for shits and giggles I searched posts you have made, sorted them by post date and ascending order. Unfortunately for this one I actually had to count, but that's what I cam up with. Like I said I was bored, I saw you comment and decided to make it a personal challenge. Now if could just get the same results working on my truck.

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
I wish that I could get the same results on mine as well. My ranger's current motor, an '87 turbo coupe engine, isn't running right and it's getting to be super frustrating.

It's been like this for me all summer long.

Btw, I like your methods of searching for shit. I will remember those steps and use them, sometime.

beluga420

March 2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
2012 Truck of The Year
2013 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3t
Transmission
Manual
Actually, a 4wd turbo ranger slammed to the floor would be something REALLY sick... Too bad it's not possible to do easily :(

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals