• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Looking for wheel help

Scrap Pile Garage

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3/5
I have an ‘06 2WD.. I’m looking to buy new wheels.. The 18” Mustang wheels are a bit to harsh of a ride.

I’m looking at US Wheel, Deuce Series 455.

I would like a 15x8 front and a 15x10 rear. I don’t want to run spacers. Can you suggest the offset I would need?
Thanks for the help..

Attachments

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
I would take an original wheel and copy that on the backspace, so there is no rubbing on the calipers and suspension, especially when you make a sharp turn. If your original wheels are 5 or 6 inches wide, that will put 2 or 3 inches extra wheel to the outside. You need to check on the front, that might be too much and you might have to cut back on the width a little bit. 10 inches in the rear will definitely stick out beyond the fenders back there. No more hauling loads of firewood with that.

Scrap Pile Garage

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3/5
I would take an original wheel and copy that on the backspace, so there is no rubbing on the calipers and suspension, especially when you make a sharp turn. If your original wheels are 5 or 6 inches wide, that will put 2 or 3 inches extra wheel to the outside. You need to check on the front, that might be too much and you might have to cut back on the width a little bit. 10 inches in the rear will definitely stick out beyond the fenders back there. No more hauling loads of firewood with that.
Unfortunately I don’t have stock wheels. I know they were 15x7..

Anyone know the offset of the stock steelies?

In the pics are 2020 Mustang wheels (18x8) with a 1.5” spacer on all 4. I guess I can get an idea by measuring those.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Nice looking truck, as is. IMO, It's not so much the rims giving you a harsh ride, as it is the tires with the lowered suspension. I've seen where the lowered Nissan trucks run with the 4wd shocks to help smooth out the ride.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Unfortunately I don’t have stock wheels. I know they were 15x7..

Anyone know the offset of the stock steelies?

In the pics are 2020 Mustang wheels (18x8) with a 1.5” spacer on all 4. I guess I can get an idea by measuring those.
Stock wheels are something like 4.5 or 4.75 backspacing iirc.

Scrap Pile Garage

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3/5
Nice looking truck, as is. IMO, It's not so much the rims giving you a harsh ride, as it is the tires with the lowered suspension. I've seen where the lowered Nissan trucks run with the 4wd shocks to help smooth out the ride.

View attachment 69628
I know it’s the lowering that did it. The stock Mustang tires are just hard. I want more sidewall. I’m running. Belltech shocks. I know the ride will always suck. Lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals