• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Looking for some advice..

Ranger_danger122

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Alrighty, i'm new in the motor type related things and i have a 2002 ranger XLT. I've been looking to get some extra umph when i step on the gas. I've read a lot on some things here about turbos, super chargers etc etc. Is there anyway there wouldn't be any big type modifications like removing the whole engine? or is there too much computer under the hood that i would have to? I've got tuning software and laptop that i can play around with and have been with a few friends who have souped up rangers and misc cars. I've been looking into this for about 3 years and i've done nothing but drool over many rangers and wishing they were mine. But anyway im looking for what it would take to get at least 300 HP or somewhere around that and am looking for the cheapest way, most expensive way, and the last resort. I've got enough saved up to probably purchase a nice car and work on that but its looking like no one likes rangers to beat them in anything if there was anything. And so im looking into spending enough to get this ranger setup to be street legal but being able to have some weight behind my foot when i punch the gas. Just another fun fact, i bought this ranger for only 3,000 with 45,000 miles on it :D Thanks for any help or suggestions you have for me it would be greatly appreciated.

:icon_thumby::icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

I would like to keep it a 4cyl, its a 2.3L 16v - im still learning about these things so bear with me :)

email me :)

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Any idea what the gear ratio is?

A jump to 4.10's or 4.56's could make an improvement.

wv_snranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.4l V8
Transmission
Automatic
with a 2.3l 4 cyl engine, I cant see how you would be able to go from 140 hp to 300 even with turbo and computer mods....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals