• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Looking for "Ranger 4x4 for Dummies"

Bonanza35

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Greetings. Quite unexpected I ended up with a 92 Ranger 4x4 XLT in almost unbelievable condition and unbeatable price. Low miles, clean, never damaged, bone stock from factory, and probably never used as 4x4 is meant to be used. It is tight, not a rattle, squeak, grind or whine anywhere! I am "green" when it comes to 4x4s, didn't plan to get one again (had a Samauri briefly - years ago) - but could not pass on the price.
Though the jack has never been taken out, the owner's manual was.
I am in need of finding out some very basic information.
IE - the push button automatic 4x4 apparently isn't working. I did get the dash indicator lights to come on briefly, then nothing. Tracing the forums here, it might possibly be a fuse or the transfer motor is stuck from non-operation.
I want to start with the easiest first - so fuses, then will do the control box self check, etc. But like I said -- I need the thread/forum for dummies.:dunno:
I checked the under hood fuse -- no problem. BUT - for the life of me I have not been able to locate a fusebox under or around the dash for the 2nd (15 amp) fuse. WHERE IS THE INSIDE FUSE BOX LOCATED?
Thanks for any assistance. Hope this truck continues to be the winner I think it is. :icon_cheers:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals