• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

looking for motor

Jordan94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Im looking for a motor for my mazda b3000 its a manual and wondering if i should get the same year (94) motor as well as if any ford ranger motors will fit

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
"91-'94 Ranger motors are identical to yours. They might be the same to '97. Any 3.0 vulcan engine can be put in it but, some of them will require a lot of changes to make it fit.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
anything after 95 will require you to re-use things like intake manifold (upper and lower), fuel injectors, MAFS, o2's and exhaust, distributor, ect. basically everything except the block and heads (these are the same in ALL year 3.0's....including up to '07....as well as all years used in the taurus/sable)

Jordan94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I found two 1994 TAURUS motors from a local Woodbecks auto parts yard. one 951 bucks and 816 bucks. Now i read on the above post this motor is the same as mine. Will i need anything other then just the motor to install?? Will is just go in like the one i took out

HareRazor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I put a motor from a 94 taurus in my 91 ranger and used all the ranger pieces, but i have read somewhere on here that the head gaskets are different from the front wheel drive and rear wheel drive vehicles somebody will have to confirm that though

Jordan94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Well I just want to be able to put the motor in and it attach right to my manual tranny on my Mazda B3000. lol I don't want to buy it and it not fit the mounts and my tranny

Jordan94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I looked all over and I cannot find any Mazda B3000 motors or Ranger motors, but found a few Ford Taurus. If there rear wheel driven then I should have no problem linking them to my truck even if mine is 4x4 and manual correct?

Southern3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, what a turd...
Transmission
Manual
Any 3.0 Long block will bolt in your truck, You will need your old accessories, brackets, motor mounts distributor intake and exhaust manifolds oil pan and oil pick up tube,etc if you use a motor from a different gen truck or Taurus but all the parts will fit. If you get a motor out of a Taurus you will need to swap head gaskets to Rwd gaskets because the thermostat is on the back of the lower intake on FWD applications and that also means you will have to reuse you lower intake so the thermostat is in the right place. also if you get a Taurus motor, you'll have to swap to a RWD oil pan and pick up tube.

Pretty much If you buy any 3.0, strip it down to a long block then put all your old parts on it will work

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals