• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

looking for ideas, suggestions, and answers for my SAS

whoischriscates

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok so heres my plan, i have an 88 ranger single cab short bed. currently is 2wd with 6 inches of lift on 33s and has a 302 in it. planning on doing a budget SAS swap with a high pinion dana 44 and 8.8 full size axles which i already have. want to find a smallblock c6 and i already have an NP205 tcase. its going to be a trail truck project. i was looking at the james duff 6 inch superflex coils in the front and chevy 1500 springs in the rear. will probably use stock 78 buckets and shock mounts along with trac bar mount. i have the stock 78 radius arms as well debating on lengthening them. im looking at running around 4.88 or 5.13 gears and want to fit 37s. the fenders are already cut which ill probably cut more and thinking of a good design for a 2 or 3 inch bucket drop in the front to give the clearance i need. my question is does anyone make a decent size coil that will be softer then the 78 springs since i have such a small truck and want to squeeze as much travel out of the coils as i can. any suggestions, ideas, or CONSTRUCTIVE criticism would much appreciated. Thanks guys ( and gals) Merry Christmas!!

BRONCONUT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'95~'00
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8~4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I run the deaver 6" superflex coils in my FSB and love them, also if you want shorter buckets I cut 1" out of my '79 bronco buckets that I used or you could get some from Ballistic fab that are adjustable.

whoischriscates

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok ill have to check those out. and i had a 95 f150 that someone else swapped a dana 44 in and it looked like they bought a almost a 3 inch shorter bucket because it looked too stock to be fabricated but i wasnt sure.

whoischriscates

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i just found some that James Duff make that fit the same coil but are for the rear and are 4 inches shorter i should be able to drill those and the frame and make them work right?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals