• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Looking for a 2.8 or 2.9 block plate

Blueoval

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
I hope I'm not breaking any rules, but I haven't had any luck in the Parts Wanted thread. I need the thin aluminum plate that goes between the automatic transmission, and the engine block. Some call it a "separator plate". I need it complete with the small inspection cover at the bottom that is removed to get to the torque converter nuts. If you have one at a reasonable price, I would be interested. Thanks.

Blueoval

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
Still looking for this. Thanks.

Hale Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
If you don't pay attention, you will pay someone else
Have you considered fabricating your own plate? I needed a EGR valve block off plate for my 84 Ranger 2.8 when I was working on a dura spark conversion - converting the truck to the equal of a late 70's 2.8 which would not have the emissions stuff.

You would need to find a piece of metal that would be slightly larger than the dimensions of the opening you need to cover. 1/8th to 3/16ths of an inch thick. Create a pattern which would look like the gasket if there was one and trace this on to the metal - get your grinder and cut the outline and then drill the needed holes. I did this with a 4"x4" electrical junction box cover. I used a gasket for the EGR valve as the pattern.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
hale, the piece he is talking about is a fairly large plate and probably also has some indentions and reliefs cut into it so it would be hard to make on your own.

Bronco648

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
15"
hale, the piece he is talking about is a fairly large plate and probably also has some indentions and reliefs cut into it so it would be hard to make on your own.
Not so sure about that. I have one but am going to use it (between my 2.8 & A4LD). It's pretty thin (say, compared to a early Mustang one) and doesn't seem too complex. It does have and edge that's bent over though. I could trace my plate onto a piece of card stock or cardboard and mail it.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Not so sure about that. I have one but am going to use it (between my 2.8 & A4LD). It's pretty thin (say, compared to a early Mustang one) and doesn't seem too complex. It does have and edge that's bent over though. I could trace my plate onto a piece of card stock or cardboard and mail it.
I dont know if a pencil tracing would be good enough. Perhaps a fine spray paint that didnt leak under the edges. The plate is pretty critical to locating the starter to the ring gear or flex plate. And manual is different than auto.

Bronco ii Man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
31x10.50-15
Only difference is the separator plate or block plate whichever you want to call it, is one has the removable plate at the bottom (automatic) doesn’t have it it on the manual transmission plate! Use’s the same starter.

Bronco ii Man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco ii
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
31x10.50-15
I matched them up when I done an auto to manual transmission swap! Inspection plate for torque converter bolts is only difference! That’s why they have 2 different part #’s!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals