• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Little Ford Ranger working hard! Big trucks? Beauty Queens.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
I know I use my ranger for anything I want. Lets see, this morning on my way to work there was a free fuel tank probably 250-300 gallon, and that got loaded into the bed. A little tricky with the cap on the bed. Yesterday we had to get some lumber, gravel and top soil from Lowes so I got the trailer hooked up and loaded up. That's no biggie. the 16' boards go on the ladder rack on the cap and the rest in the trailer. Truck didn't even feel like it had a trailer on it. Finally got my exhaust fixed right so its as quiet as the day it was born which I think helped with hauling. Last weekend was the auction weekend so we again took the trailer and had it loaded like crazy. Every square inch of the truck and trailer were full including behind the seats, on top of the truck cap, inside the bed, and trailer filled about 6' high with stuff from the auction. Load wasn't heavy until we had 13 five gallon buckets (10 were new unopened paint, drywall mud and concrete mortar filler stuff). But that was nothing compared to the loads of wood that we haul on a weekly basis. Talking about heavy loads. I will load my 6x8 trailer full with big ol logs. Probably close to 2-2500 pounds including the 700 pounds of trailer weight and my little 3.0 hauls it with little issues. For it being the smaller v6 it actually holds its own when it comes to pulling. I'll have to get a pictures when its loaded.
What kind of auctions do you go to? My family in NC run Auctions twice a week, anything from tools to fresh groceries get auctioned off. I love that kind of stuff.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I see a Ranger on it's bump stops at least twice a month. Overloaded with mulch, trash, firewood, etc.
The 1/2 tons I see doing work are either commercial, government or 20+ years old.

Broo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
People who buy modern half tons do it for the bragging rights (mostly) then for the tow capacity. I see very few of these behemoths ever carrying something in their beds (it's way too hard to reach).

People who carry stuff in the bed want to easily access it, therefore need a lower truck. Usually, it means modern midsizes in 2WD flavor or 15 years or older half-tons.

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My beauty queen is working hard.... still I wish I would commit to fixing my old phone then I could have the pictures of my 88 Crown Vic on the trailer (sold) the logs 18 feet long stacked 12 high in a pyramid shape of course. The 87 turbo Fox body, my 00 subbie (broken) and the 78 w250 power wagon, the 03 Ram 1500. I need too fix that phone.

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
People who buy modern half tons do it for the bragging rights (mostly) then for the tow capacity. I see very few of these behemoths ever carrying something in their beds (it's way too hard to reach).

People who carry stuff in the bed want to easily access it, therefore need a lower truck. Usually, it means modern midsizes in 2WD flavor or 15 years or older half-tons.
I agree with that for most people. my 4 door 14 ram 1500 has had over a ton of coal in the bed and a pallet of bricks but I prefer the trailer be used to save the body and paint. These trucks are way too expensive anymore but atleast it works as a child mover and family trip goer.

Ramcharger90

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
306, Bcam,
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I was not gonna try and lift this into the Ram and my friend had my trailer so Ranger it was the brakes where locked up in the back so it was really fun.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals