• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

List of B2 Options that never made it to production and some that did.

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, panelside.

Yeah, I have seen the ones with no spare tire rack, one at the wrecking yard had the OE spare under a cover on the....drivers side I think, I think the interior panel was even changed to accomodate the spare.
I believe it's the same interior panel...

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, panelside.

Yeah, I have seen the ones with no spare tire rack, one at the wrecking yard had the OE spare under a cover on the....drivers side I think, I think the interior panel was even changed to accomodate the spare.

we need pictures of these panelsides:D

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The guy lives here in my city somewhere, if I see it again, I'll take a pic.
Have you ever tried to stop him and talk to him, maybe convince him to join TRS?

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Have you ever tried to stop him and talk to him, maybe convince him to join TRS?
I haven't, I have just seen it driving around and in a parking lot one time. He's an older guy, the bronco is Red and looks stock other than the panels.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
My commenary inserted in RED below

This is a rumor list.

1. Pop out Side windows-There is doccumentation that says there were. Owners manual discusses how to remove and store them.

Still looking, but I've got the same '85 owners manual

2. Rear bucket seats-There are reports that they are out there. No pictures to back it.

'84-85, look real close at early XLS models or any Bronco2 with a factory knob type sunroof. so far every Bronco2 I've seen with buckets
(all four of them) has also had a sunroof.

3. 4.0L B2 in late 1990-No proof that they exist. If Ford made Prototypes then they would never have been sold, and likey to have been dismantled. 1991 was the intro of the Explorer. Someone that started the rumor likley saw an Explorer Sport 2 door and thought it was a new B2.

I'm thinking the same thing, that someone saw an explorer sport. if someone has a bronco2 with the proper "X" as the eighth character of the VIN I want to see it

4. 8.8 rear axle.- Rumor and no proof of existance.

No Such Thing

5. D35 front axle-*Confirmed*. Nearly all 1990 models will have a D35 axle. 3.73 ratio is a guarantee.

1990 models produced 11-89 or later

6. M5OD 5 speed trans.-*Confirmed* Most if not all 1990 models will have this as a manual trans. 1989 saw the last of the FM146's.

I have yet to see a Mazda equipped Bronco2 with a manual T-case, and that includes some fairly late production 1990's that had FM146 transmissions, remember that the FM146 was used in rangers with the 2,9 engine through the end of 1992

7. Real 2wd trans without dummy case in 2wd models-Yes and no. later model ones are rumored to have a ranger 2wd trans. AllanD would be able to confirm this.

seen this, I even have one of the "adapters" that slip into the back of a Mazda trans with a four bolt flange for the bolt on driveshaft.

What is "rumor" on this subject is an A4LD (or FM132) equipped bronco2 with a similar "adapter" and no dummy T-case. If anyone ever sees one of these I want that adapter! (I have plans for a Dana TC28 T-case)

All I can think of at the moment.
I can't think of any more either

Here is another one.

Non tinted rear and side windows. I've heard of them but not sure they were available.
They were all "lightly tinted" but there were two tint levels.
the "Standard" tint that was the usual light greenish color, then there is the semi-mirrored "Privacy glass", which was optional
(but included in many packages)

IIRC the only 2 tire choices you had were 205/75-15's or 215/75-15's
Some early Bronco2's were factpory equipped with 195/75-15's on 15x5" (not 5-1/2" wide) rims, my stripper model (vinyl seats, no rear window defogger, "fixed" rear glass, and inside tire carrier) 1986 bronco2 came from the factory with 195's.

Last edited:

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I believe it was Jason-Paul on RRORC that claimed his B2 came from the factory with the M5OD. I have not seen one personally. I have however seen a 91 Ranger with 2.9L, and M5 with 1354E t-case and D35/8.8 axles, all in a Reg cab long box.

Here is another If the 90 B2 has a D35 it is for sure to have a 1354 t-case. So where there is a 1354E option there must be a 1354M option.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
I have a number of Tcases and 90 BII's with D35's, I'll take looksy

Totalled

Law Enforcement
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
8 rabid gophers
Transmission
Automatic
This is a rumor list.

1. Pop out Side windows-There is doccumentation that says there were. Owners manual discusses how to remove and store them.
From my owner's manual...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/totalled/bronco2dotorg/04-04-2007080809PM.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/totalled/bronco2dotorg/04-04-2007081122PM.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/totalled/bronco2dotorg/04-04-2007081419PM.jpg

2. Rear bucket seats-There are reports that they are out there. No pictures to back it.
You mean these?

7. Real 2wd trans without dummy case in 2wd models-Yes and no. later model ones are rumored to have a ranger 2wd trans. AllanD would be able to confirm this.
Brian's 1990 had that..

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I believe it was Jason-Paul on RRORC that claimed his B2 came from the factory with the M5OD. I have not seen one personally. I have however seen a 91 Ranger with 2.9L, and M5 with 1354E t-case and D35/8.8 axles, all in a Reg cab long box.

Here is another If the 90 B2 has a D35 it is for sure to have a 1354 t-case. So where there is a 1354E option there must be a 1354M option.
I didn't say that the post 11-89 Bronco2's didn't come with the mazda.
what I said was I've nver seen a bronco2 with a Mazda AND a manual T-case in the same vehicle.

ALL the Manual T-case '90 bronco2's I've seen had FM146 or A4LD transmissions.

weird, but that's the way I've seen them.

I don't count the one Bronco2 with a Mazda and a manual T-case where it was painfully obvious that the manual T-case had been retrofitted.
(the carpet was a real hack job and the previous owner didn't even bother to remove the e-case wiring.

AD

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Looks like an Eddie Baur, cuz of the pine tree pattern in the seats.

Thanks Pat for the pictures.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals