This is a rumor list.
1. Pop out Side windows-There is doccumentation that says there were. Owners manual discusses how to remove and store them.
Still looking, but I've got the same '85 owners manual
2. Rear bucket seats-There are reports that they are out there. No pictures to back it.
'84-85, look real close at early XLS models or any Bronco2 with a factory knob type sunroof. so far every Bronco2 I've seen with buckets
(all four of them) has also had a sunroof.
3. 4.0L B2 in late 1990-No proof that they exist. If Ford made Prototypes then they would never have been sold, and likey to have been dismantled. 1991 was the intro of the Explorer. Someone that started the rumor likley saw an Explorer Sport 2 door and thought it was a new B2.
I'm thinking the same thing, that someone saw an explorer sport. if someone has a bronco2 with the proper "X" as the eighth character of the VIN I want to see it
4. 8.8 rear axle.- Rumor and no proof of existance.
No Such Thing
5. D35 front axle-*Confirmed*. Nearly all 1990 models will have a D35 axle. 3.73 ratio is a guarantee.
1990 models produced 11-89 or later
6. M5OD 5 speed trans.-*Confirmed* Most if not all 1990 models will have this as a manual trans. 1989 saw the last of the FM146's.
I have yet to see a Mazda equipped Bronco2 with a manual T-case, and that includes some fairly late production 1990's that had FM146 transmissions, remember that the FM146 was used in rangers with the 2,9 engine through the end of 1992
7. Real 2wd trans without dummy case in 2wd models-Yes and no. later model ones are rumored to have a ranger 2wd trans. AllanD would be able to confirm this.
seen this, I even have one of the "adapters" that slip into the back of a Mazda trans with a four bolt flange for the bolt on driveshaft.
What is "rumor" on this subject is an A4LD (or FM132) equipped bronco2 with a similar "adapter" and no dummy T-case. If anyone ever sees one of these I want that adapter! (I have plans for a Dana TC28 T-case)
All I can think of at the moment.