• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lima drifting build

SloRanger23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Been awhile since updating but I got some knock off Quick Latch hood pins and I have to be honest, they work perfect and are great quality. Now my ability to measure on the other hand is not so great. Little form... whole lot of function! Truck is dirty as hell and the rain stopped me from bringing out the Dremel to clean up the metal work but still happy with it!

Attachments

SloRanger23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Finally got my Tuner Studio registered and have been cramming in on how to tune. I got my gauge layout for my Pi Dash. It’s a little busy but will work well when I start to tune. I got my used MS3x turned on and pulled the tune that came with the unit, it should get the truck running.

Attachments

SloRanger23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
It looks like parts for the 2.3t are slowly going away. Crowler discontinued their sportsman forged rods. I was originally building for 500-600 hp but now I’m going for reliable 400. Anyone got a set of rods collecting dust?

Last edited:

SloRanger23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Doing little bits right now:
Have two Explorer 8.8s. Tore down the 3.73 limited slip to see what needed to be rebuild
Painted the valve cover
Finally figured out the manifold to coexist with my ac and alternator.

Attachments

SloRanger23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I’ve been waiting for a donor for a bone on my right ankle for almost 18 months. Sucks not being able to walk half the time. Match was found and surgery is Tuesday. Looks like I’ll be buying parts for the next 6 months and hopefully get back at it in February 2021.

SloRanger23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Doing little bits right now:
Have two Explorer 8.8s. Tore down the 3.73 limited slip to see what needed to be rebuild
Painted the valve cover
Finally figured out the manifold to coexist with my ac and alternator.

SloRanger23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
So going crazy sitting around and I’m starting to build the motor. I got a used header, used for a food deal but it’s not going to clear my AC. So I think I found a solution. I’ll find out more on fitment but it could be an alternative for those that don’t want to use a flip kit, want ac with a center mount header or want to be able to rotate your turbo. The turbo in the pics will probably swapped out for a V band exhaust housing turbo and much better technology. Let me know what you guys think. The turbo can be rotated on the VBand and on my setup, I will more thank like you’re it where the battery is.

Attachments

SloRanger23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Cam bearings, HLAs and cam. Started to put the valves in and then I realized that I didn’t order the valve stems seals.🤦🏻‍♂️

Attachments

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Cam bearings, HLAs and cam. Started to put the valves in and then I realized that I didn’t order the valve stems seals.🤦🏻‍♂️
Just soak some cotton string in oil and pack it in there around the valve stems. Nobody will ever see it anyway.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals