• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lill Mule 89 BII

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Make / Model
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
Transmission
Manual
wow. impressive. i'm interested in search and rescue here in az but my old man is shying me away from it. says when he did it there was always to many chiefs and not enough indian's. made it tough to feel organized.

who do you S and R with?

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
El Dorado County, Ca. we have the biggest SAR group in Nor Cal. Only 2nd after LA I believe. Really good group of people and very focused. I am in the sub group of the OHV group and my wife is in the foot team. Feels pretty good to go help people out of jams.

It also means that I need to be more prepared when I go out to handle anything I get tossed my way.

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
installed the power seats from the exploder into the bronco. passenger was easy- just swap seat frames. drivers was a little more interesting. had to bend the front mount a littel forward and then file it out about 1/2 inch. Just need to route 12v power to both seats and I will have lumber, up down

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Added two 6" LED Strips from Autozone in the cab for light. Wired it to the dome light. Works VERY Well. I will have to take some night time pictures to show the difference.

Also polished the front head lights as they were really dull. Much better now.

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
i like that truck

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
12v power to the seats tonight, used a spare light harness. - my son spent 5 minutes just going uppp bbbbbaaacck, ffooorrwward, lumber ooouutt, luumber iiiinnn, seat wings iiiiinn, seat wings oooouuutt. :headbang:

also hooked up a 3 pot 12v supply to the cigar lighter on a power switch. Stuck it with double sided tape to the dash.

also bought a rear view mirror and put it on. nice to see out the back. Windshield moved when i put it on the windshield so need to get that taken care of.

time for pictures.

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
did the zip tie trick to the gas pedal. truck is much more responsive. kudos to the board

pulled the console out of the exploder and put it in the bronco. might put the sun shades also as they are the two piece ones and I have the one piece ones.

getting closer to pulling the motor and M50d out of the exploder. researching to see what is allowable wear to the Mazda 5 speed. the shifter forks do have some wear to the forks. Only a little whine out of the mazda 5 speed.

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
pic of explorer seats and console in bronco

have to take a picture of the LED lits in the cab - bought another set of strips for the rear.

Noticed as I was crawling around under the bronco in prep for tranny. that the stock tranny is pulling away from the bell housing. HOLY CRUD! :shok: good thing i spotted this now instead of the on the trail.

motor ready to pull out of the exploder - anybody want a explorer shell?

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
m50d with the transfer case is on the floor next to the bronco!

Clutch looks real good on the 4.0 that I pulled out. Any comments on reusing the throwout bearing?

pic of the Leds in the cab

pic of the remote 12v power station with usb charging and a on/off switch

pic of the front headlights after polishing them up

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
picked up a set of Rancho 9012 with 13" of travel at a garage school for $20. also picked up a set of Rancho air adjustable 91118 and 9115 with Rancho compressor for $35 at the local swap meet.
ordered a set of Ford F250 shock towers so that I could put in the 9012 in front. Local guy with another chopped B2 has a set of wild horses 5.5 progressive front springs that he will trade for my auto motor off the transfer case

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
did a small project last weekend.
I have been driving without a swaybar since I bought the Bronco and really not liking it on the twisting mountain roads where I live.

so I picked up a sway bar with all brackets at the local junkyard.

I needed to drop the mounting points with the 6" lift and did not like the 4" drop brackets that are available. So I cut some 3" tall metal square tube that I had sitting around and bolted it up using Grade 5 bolts.
Mixed results - Drives great on the road but with any flex the tie roads hit the sway bar.

so I had the sway bar end links from the explorer that I parted. they are 1.5 longer than the bronco 2 ones. Bolted these up - New problem the sway bar ends hit the springs.

Ok so now I took the sway bar mounts that mount to the bracket and moved them forward about3/4 inch. Did this by grinding about 1/4 off the front of the sway bar mounts. Then drilled new holes in the sway bar mount bracket to move the whole bar forward.

drove it again and have less sway driving on road. Also did a off road loop on my property and nothing hit. :icon_thumby:

Now I just need to get some tractor hitch pins to replace the bottom bolts for the sway bar links. This will make it a quick disconnect. also need to make a bracket on the frame to hold the sway bar when it is disconnected up and out of the way

Now I just need to find some cheap Jeep 4" lift coils and swap out the coils. maybe call the guy that I meet back in May about swapping springs.

Also found a piece of 1" think steel that is 6" long and 3" tall. if I get motivated I can move the center link points down by 2" as suggested else where.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thanks
also moved headlights to below the light bar in the front for better visibility on trail in tight situations. small things really help

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
All that work and no SAS? I think that should be next on the list.

Nice truck btw.

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
SAS is on the list - unemployed for last 5 months makes things tough.

It flexs pretty good right now. I think I can add jeep coils, f250 shock brackets-i have them-, 9012 front shocks -have them- should give me 20 inch of flex in front. For pretty cheap price.

I think i need a doubler before a SAS

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals