• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lighting Control Module

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Ok, the LCM on the Crown Vics was a big problem. Found this fancy repair kit that is another module that plugs in inline with it for a customer and gave them that as an option along with the option to replace the module with a Ford one or a Napa one.

Well the Ford module is over $500, the Napa one is $450, the repair unit is $175. They went with the cheap option. It seems to have fixed their problem, but caused another one.

Nowhere in any of the part application guides does the manufacturer tell you that this unit causes direct physcial interference with the accelerator on cars that have adjustable pedals. You can barely get the whole setup back in the factory location, but once it is there it is not possible to push the gas pedal in at all. With the pedal in the at rest position the pedal arm and the repair unit are already in contact.

There are no places to post reviews for this product and the manufacturer doesn't tell you this, but I know we pop up high on google searches, so I figured I post this info here so maybe I can save someone else the frustration.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals