• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

lift kit

dadevil

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
i just bought a 08 fx4 with the torsen 4.10 diff and it has tons of power with the gear ratio. any lower gear ratio you will have a problem with crawling in 4x4 or 4x4 low that extra gear ratio helps with tons of torque and with even having a 5 speed manual not an automatic (hate them automatics) but with the setup i got it works great because even people who have lift kits on there trucks i can go most places but when it comes to rock crawling the lower hieght helps with grabbing the rocks. on the 08 fx4 the front IFS has only 2 inches of travel on each side but the amount of travel in the back makes up for it. it has roughly 2 ft of travel trust me i hvae seen what they can do. but even saying that i have a friend who has a 08 fx4 like mine, he has a lift kit on it (2in blocks in back and 3 in torsion block in front) and it is very stiff in the back it does have as much travel as mine stock so if you lift it in the back do it with longer shackles in the back and you can go to ebay or yahoo and find them, i did and they cost $200 shipped and bought. it comes with 3 in torsion locks in front and 2 to 3 in shackle lift in back for more customization and look im buying it when i get to hawaii. then you can fit 33 to 35 in tires in there with plenty of room still that gives you atleast 6 to 8 in of lift with spending only $1000-$2000 depending on types of tires and rims that you want and including the lift kit. and if you want to know why i know but havent done anything is that i am waiting to go to hawaii and do enough research to makesure i get best for my truck and doing this lift kit does not i mean " doesn't void the warranty" for the truck. i picked up my truck on the 25 april and already have 3500 miles i love to drive it and it is very quick i have had it to 110 mph one time and didn't even notice it unitl i looked at the speedometer. i mean quick for the type of truck it is.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals