• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Leveling help!

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
I've searched all over for the best/least expensive way to level my truck. It seems like I keep getting conflicting suggesions from trs members. But it's a 2003 ranger xl, reg cab, 2wd with the 2.3l and coil front suspension. I don't know if a homemade coil spacer will work or maybe someone offers a kit. I just can't seem to find an answer anywhere. Thanks.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yes a homemade coil spacer will work, as long as one of your main ingredients isnt douchebaggery. Make sure if you use washers they are wide enough to distribute and hold the weight, dont just throw a bunch in there tack weld them together. Read some other threads on leveling kits and see what these other guys did. There are many ways to accomplish this.

Last edited:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Yes a homemade coil will work, as long as one of your main ingredients isnt douchebaggery. Make sure if you use washers they are wide enough to distribute and hold the weight, dont just throw a bunch in there tack weld them together. Read some other threads on leveling kits and see what these other guys did. There are many ways to accomplish this.
Unless the 2003 2wd Rangers have a different front suspension design than the 2000 2wd Ranger sitting in my driveway.... good luck finding washers to fit - they would have to have an outside diameter the size of the spring and a hole big enough in the middle for the shock to go through.

It's not as simple as the 1993 Rangers that you could just unscrew the nut that held the bottom of the coil in place and stack washers under the coil. (somehow I remember having this SAME dispute with MAKG a couple years back...)

Bottom line is that there is no SAFE and CHEAP way to lift the 1998 and newer Ranger suspensions with coil springs. I did a little searching and it appears you can get some coil spacers for them from places like Summit Racing, but I'm a bit suspicious of them, they don't look all that safe to me, but I have no experience with them nor do I know anyone who has tried them. The only safe and durable lift options I know for the newer ones are the Fabtech lift parts (they offered a spindle lift and a coil/A-Arm kit).

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Just Google it and you can find a place to buy the spacers. You will have the correct ones and you will not have any issues. If you want to, buy taller coils. I have seen them going for $98 for a pair. So many off road places to pick from, Bro!!

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
Why pop the front? Just lower the back! Make it 2wd street!:icon_thumby:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals