• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Let the flames ensue

RollinWOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2015
Make / Model
Ford/Kia
Engine Size
3.0L Vulcan/GDI 2.0L
Transmission
Manual
I've got a new accquisition. It's a '91 Mitsubishi Mighty Max, automatic, 2WD, 2.4L L4. It's getting the cylinder head remanufactured and once I pay it off I'll put it together and have a nice little DD. My Ranger will be my toy, but the MM will be my DD from now on. I'm buying a complete overhaul kit from rockauto.com and it wil be a sweet little ride. It's got a bench seat, dashcover, and a custom fuel cutoff switch for security. After 20 years, the glass is in perfect condition and it's even tinted. It also has buttons all around the bed rail for a snap on tonneau cover. Any thoughts or suggestions for it? I planned on making it into an offroad lead scout vehicle, but I'm open for any suggestions.

Attachments

RollinWOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2015
Make / Model
Ford/Kia
Engine Size
3.0L Vulcan/GDI 2.0L
Transmission
Manual
Oh yeah, and American Racing wheels.

Ak_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Years ago my cousin had a Mighty Max, it was a good little truck for him. I dont think he ever really had a problum with it.

RollinWOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2015
Make / Model
Ford/Kia
Engine Size
3.0L Vulcan/GDI 2.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, same here, but the timing belt snapped so the valves got damaged. Once the head is redone I'm gonna put it on and start her up. They're tough little trucks.

RollinWOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2015
Make / Model
Ford/Kia
Engine Size
3.0L Vulcan/GDI 2.0L
Transmission
Manual
Oh yeah, and something I forgot to mention is that 4th gear doesn't engage. Since it's an automatic, it changes from first to second to third like normal but it doesn't change to fourth. Anybody know what it could be? Maybe a speed sensor or tranny sensor that's malfunctioning?

RollinWOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2015
Make / Model
Ford/Kia
Engine Size
3.0L Vulcan/GDI 2.0L
Transmission
Manual
Anybody? Ak maybe you can ask your cousin?

chittybangbang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Many years ago I had a 89 and 91 Dodge D50 as work trucks.Tough little trucks but...lacked much power and maxed out @75 or so.All I can say is I hated where the put the emergency brake handle...whats wrong with a pedal. Good luck on your project

twonole

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I like it man. My dad had a black 91, he loved the thing, in 97 the computer went out and my uncle bought it off of him and fixed it. He still drives that thing to this day. I actually drove it not too long ago.

RollinWOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2015
Make / Model
Ford/Kia
Engine Size
3.0L Vulcan/GDI 2.0L
Transmission
Manual
The Ram 50s and Mighty Maxs do lack power, but I'm gonna put a set of custom tuned headers on it and a full exhaust. The head is getting machined and fit with new valves, springs, retainers and the upper and lower intake plenums are getting polished. Thanks for the good luck chitty. Once it's paid off and put together in a couple months I'll take it to a dyno and have my friend who works at an exhaust shop fix me up a set of tuned headers with a turbo system. Maybe just a low-pressure turbo to help out with keeping revs up when I go mountain driving.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals