• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

legitimate question...please try and help me out.

maroon ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 4.0L proje
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Okay everyone. Its finally time to through in my d44 solid axle and 9 inch!!!!! I've searched for hours and hours in the past few months and have seen mixed answers. So let me just ask this.

I'm am going to do 64 inch stock Chevy leaves in the back with belltech 6400 shackles and am not huge about using the stock factory blocks. So what gain in height would I get over stock height without using the blocks. That is basically how I am going to determine my front springs. So with that said what are your recommendations and advice.

Is my current plan of using 3.5" early bronco lift springs with 4 degree bushings and stock 64" Chevy leafs with 6400 shackles and no blocks going to work out pretty good?

Keep in mind I'm also going to be using 35 inch tires.

I appreciate any advice in advance.

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6”
Tire Size
I haven't done a SAS on a 3rd gen yet but I'm using the eb 3.5" lift springs with f150 coil buckets and Chevy leafs with 2" add a leafs on my 1st gen SAS. I used the stock bushings and I clear 35's but I had previously trimmed my fenders to clear 33's back when it was semi stock height.
If you have a torch and a welder I suggest trimming a set of F150 buckets, drilling 3 holes 1" apart up both sides then building brackets of 1/4" plate steel to match but with 2-3 extra holes and welding the brackets to your frame so you can adjust your buckets up or down for the height you want to match your rear end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
With stock leafs, a stock block and extended shackles my 91 sat level with a 5" front lift.

maroon ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 4.0L proje
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Sweet sounds like I'm doing pretty good on my studies!! Hahaha thanks guys for the help!!!! I will have get my swap done soon and let you guys know how it all turned out!!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals