• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Leave Spring Bracket Replacement

jebus92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Newbie question here.. I have a 93 Ranger 2wd and have one rear bracket that snapped off....sitting against the bed right now:annoyed: I'm planing to remove the bed and replace both brackets/shackles since the other one seem quite rusty as well. I read on other forum that people had to get the back realigned once they replaced the bracket...will replacing the bracket affect the alignment at all ?:dunno:

98greenrangerguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
You should be fine as long as you put both of the new brackets in the factory location.

oldmantruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
didn't see if it was mentioned, but when I did this I had to grind both ends off of the spring bolt then burn out the bushing, so kids if you are planning this remember new bolts and new spring bushings on your parts list.

TRX501RYAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
where do you get new spring bushings and bolts... i need some for my explo leafs, im doing a rear suspension overhaul!

Thanks in advance

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
OP, nice submission with great clear pics!!!

didn't see if it was mentioned, but when I did this I had to grind both ends off of the spring bolt then burn out the bushing, so kids if you are planning this remember new bolts and new spring bushings on your parts list.
Yes, good advice.

where do you get new spring bushings and bolts... i need some for my explo leafs, im doing a rear suspension overhaul!

Thanks in advance

Energy Suspension makes nice ones. James Duff used to have em too.....but not sure anymore.

Last edited:

oldmantruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
got mine from james duff. think they still have them.

Patssfan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Can you actually get a grinder in there? I am doing my 94 front spring brackets but I cannot get my 21mm socket + 1/2 driver in straight because of a threaded bolt the comes from the frame above which interferes?

Any suggestions. In my case the old brackets are still attached. I am going to look at a long heavy duty wrench and try to loosen from the top. Btw, the cab is off.

Tagg

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Where did you get the FRONT Brackets?

Where did you guys get the front leaf spring bracket from ? What is the correct Dorman part #. One of our supply stores showed the part # to be 722-011 but I am unable to find that # anywhere. Did they have to come from Ford ? Thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals