• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

leafspring hangers/perches

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so ive looked threw everywhere in the forum and i cant find anything talking about perches and what is a good and whats a bad idea for length from the frame i was talking to a friend and i mentioned leaf perchs that came down from the frame 4 to 5 inches from the frame (given that i brace them well enough and fix the angle of the drive shaft) will this crate any problems for me im useing a dana 44 from a 78 f250 and i have my 302 ready for after the axle is mounted and im gonna run 38 inch tsl swampers with a set of chevy 6inch lift springs its on an 84 ranger longbed standurd cab any imput or do's and dont's would be helpfull and idk how long to make the front perch and the back perch for the leaf springs if i dont decide to drop them from the frame

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
What are you trying to accomplish? It may be better to arc the springs for more lift.
However;
I built some new mounts for my rear shackle frame mounts trying to bring the springs back to their original position. I didn't want to re-arc;

I ended up going to the lowest holes and have run one race so far with no indications of problems. I think as long as you brace well and from one side to the other there shouldn't be any problems. Of course that depends on your fab skills, and if you are driving this on the road make sure the fab is good....it's not just your life at stake!
Good luck,

Richard

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im trying to get a little more clearance from my body and frame at the same time without doing a body lift i see how you braced the back between them and thats a briliant idea i planed on installing a tow hitch in the front for added strength between the spring perches anyways so that would take care of the front if i strengthened the front to rear motion and the truck is strictly a trailer truck washington state law wouldnt let my truck on the road even if it was to cross the road lol it has no bed and the headlights are too high it has no tail lights or blinkers right now and nodoors or fenders im actually in the process of doing a flat fender on the front like the jeeps ill add some pictures as soon as posible and do you have any advice in my track bar ???

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I think the fender idea you have is a great re-use. As far as front sas track bar, someone else will have to answer. The only thing I can say is to try to keep the track bar parallel with the steering link [term?].

Richard

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
could i simply do a drop bracket from the oil pan cross member ????

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals