• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Last trip of the summer....

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Went camping a few weeks ago, last "official" camping trip of the summer. Figure Id share some pics. This is my favorite place to go. Out in the middle of nowhere, 4wd required. Last 1/2 mile into the lake takes about 30 min. to cover because you have to be in low range. Bounced the Superduty off a few rocks :D No biggie though, just a small P/S leak that was quickly fixed and a bruised step bar. It was a great time. Hopefully I'll have my wheelin' rig up there next year. On with the pics:

A couple mild wheeling obstacles right outside of camp:

You can see in a few of the pics there is still some smoke haze from all those fires we had this year, wasn't really nothing though. It's one hell of a trip so I only make it once a year. Can't wait to go back next summer :headbang:

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
wow lots of great pics.. beautiful place..

there are a ton of beautiful spots around here, but none where you can camp smack dab in the middle of it like that!

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Real nice place. Thanks for posting the pics.

Crunchy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Catch anything?

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Catch anything?
Nope. We tried just about everything too. I think they're too well fed from the bugs. As the sun goes down the amount of fish that start jumping is out of hand. There isn't any shortage of fish either. The lake is stock by helicopter annually

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
You know, that spot looks REAL familiar. Is it by any chance east of Lassen?

I camped at a spot similar to that, earlier in the summer season a few years ago, and got eaten by mosquitoes. It's cooling down, so they should be far less horrid.

For the others, BLM land is just camp-anywhere-not-in-the-road. NFS land is only slightly more restrictive, and that looks very much like an official NFS campground. And there is A LOT of both in far northern (and eastern) California.

Now would be a good time to hit Castle Crags. Not for much longer, though.

KELLY88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 2005
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Wow that place looks really nice. Beautiful pictures. That overhead shot of the lake with the mountains in the background looks like something off of a postcard.

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
You know, that spot looks REAL familiar. Is it by any chance east of Lassen?

I camped at a spot similar to that, earlier in the summer season a few years ago, and got eaten by mosquitoes. It's cooling down, so they should be far less horrid.

For the others, BLM land is just camp-anywhere-not-in-the-road. NFS land is only slightly more restrictive, and that looks very much like an official NFS campground. And there is A LOT of both in far northern (and eastern) California.

Now would be a good time to hit Castle Crags. Not for much longer, though.
Funny you mentioned Castle Crags, this place is just south west of there. And yeah, it's NFS land. I wouldn't go as far as saying they maintain it though. I seriously doubt they would drive one of their rigs in there, it's kinda of rough in a stock 4x4.

SawyerRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
damn that place is beautiful man, how'd you come across that little piece of heaven?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals