• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Last Minute Questions Regarding Motor Mounts

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Ok guys heres the deal... Block is in the truck, mount studs resting on crossmember. drivers side stud dropped partially into an existing hole, pass. side stud is at the very top of the crossmember; where it meets the frame rail. Heads are about 1/4in. or so from firewall. Does this sound about right? motor is slightly resting higher on the pass. side and i just want to make sure this is all fine before i get happy with the drill :icon_welder:

Also, i know my trans is centered, and my engine is centered and lined up with the trans. however the two are not joined together due to the bellhousing being so large it wont lift up high enough to mate. do the two HAVE to be joined before i drill the holes or am i ok?

Thanx for all help guys, hopefully with some input i can knock this part out in the morning.

Oh and here are some reference pics...

alaskan155

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 2000
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
7.3l/4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
should be level side to side, at least mine is with the l and l mounts

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
should be level side to side, at least mine is with the l and l mounts
True, placing a shim under the driverside mount should fix that, i just want it to be offset to the passenger side like it currently is so i clear the TTB drop bracket. My main concern is the fact that my trans an engine are not mated together...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals