• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Kroussin 93 Explorer build

036speed

02/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
I am looking forward to those action shots :icon_thumby:

jerrysf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hopefully either this coming weekend or the one after we should have a crew going out

jerrysf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
First trip to Big Bay yesterday from Skanee was a success...I have no pics though haha, impossible when you're behind the wheel...maybe need to invest in a go pro

036speed

02/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
First trip to Big Bay yesterday from Skanee was a success...I have no pics though haha, impossible when you're behind the wheel...maybe need to invest in a go pro
haha. Yep. I always have pics of everyone but me...

jerrysf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
With it being the first trip of the year, there wasn't too too much playing around going on to really stop and get good shots. Everyone was worried about breaking trail and getting through to the other side. Overall it was a smooth run with two rigs breaking down out of about 12 and the trip from Skanee to Big Bay took roughly 12 hours to make it all the way...Out of the 12 or so only 3 of us actually decided to go the full trip while the rest turned around and took snowmobile trail home. Explorer went really well though, especially with it being my first time snow wheeling...definitely a whole nother compared to playing in the mud haha...The winch that was on it went earlier in the week and Friday morning I found a brand new Warn VR winch for sale on craigslist close to home, wasted some money on that and it lasted me about a whole 5 to 6 times using it before it was toast haha...gonna have a new winch on the way soon though, got some offroad lights thrown on the front as well, I'll have pictures soon...look good and bright as hell...Also got the 200 Amp alternator thrown in as well and will be putting a new battery in soon...I'm gonna straight pipe the exhaust and run it all the way out the rear and then just have a few minor things to do to get it ready for this next weekend...mainly just grease everything and check and replace fluids as needed...Also ordered an compressor to carry with too(http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000L9D8LI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1396833629&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40) worked really well airing up the 37's and its pretty small and compact

036speed

02/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
Looks like it was a good turn out.

And that Burban is huge

jerrysf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Burban was pretty big and I had the pleasure of following him much of the ride and pulling him out a few times...Ultimately got left in the woods after the steering column busted on him. I believe its still sitting up there haha...Dumpin a day of work to go out wheeling again this Saturday, I don't think this one will be as hectic so I should be able to round up some good vids and pics...and just for the hell of it I'll share a pic of my DD that I just got all set up

Attachments

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Dang There is still a ton of snow up there, Lot's of it gone around here.

What went on the ole smitty winch?
had a new brake assembly and motor about a year ago

jerrysf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Not sure exactly, haven't had the time to tear into it...just quit working one day trying to winch out my stepdads side by side and the only way it would spool was hitting it constantly with a hammer and it would barely spool then

jerrysf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So, anybody have any good recommendations on axle shafts, haha? I've been looking around, but just wondering if anybody has any good experience with anything in particular.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals