Kirby N.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I made some different mounts for the sides of the bed sides. The ones I had just weren't tough enough. liked what some others recommended from auto fab:

With the new side mounted, they both look pretty close and they are with a tape too.

Here are some more shots of my highlift mount. I have been running it for the past couple weeks. No problems. I think it will be good for the long haul:

I am really happy with it. I have had the highlift floating around in the extended cab for too long. Its a pain to move around. Now it can stay right there until I need it. Also glad I got it done before paint.

Which is whats next...

Paint! I started tearing out all the interior and the windows and stripping the doors because paint is next. It goes in on July 5 for paint.

I decided not to repaint it the stock color. I have a color in mind- but what color would you paint it if you were painting it?

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 248EE46702D889 Expires: October 1, 2019

Kirby N.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, I had a setback. My core support is rusted bad.

So I removed the body mount bushings and those body mounts suck. I went to the pull and pay today and it took me 3 tries, but I finally got off a set of front core support body mounts that were in good shape.

I spent the rest of the day fine tuning my passenger side front fender. I got a good reveal that I am happy with. Only took a long time.

I initially utilized the stock fender mounts hacked off the original fenders. That wasn't really strong and was hard to get the gaps fine tuned.

Also, this fender had 3/4" too much material in the bottom area before the lowest mount making it stick out at the bottom. To resolve that, I cut the fender, overlapped it and screwed it together. I hope my body guy can smooth it out and make it look right.

Then, I had some extra tabs from Ballistic I bought- so I made some better fender mounts using the autofab grommets and the tabs that were supplied on the backside of the fenders. I like that they are hidden this way. I also put one behind the light on the front for a little more strength. Here they are tacked in

And welded up: (if you look close you can see the front mount too)

I was able to get the door reveal almost perfect this way- and I am satisfied. A little work with the flap disc and it was dialed.

I am going to do the same to the passenger fender next, then after I get it done and removed for welding, it will be time to start cutting out the core support. My body guy ordered me a core support- should be here soon.

No paint ideas?

Uncle Gump

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead, Follow or get out of my way
That truck would look good even if you painted it with multiple colors of your wife's left over finger nail polish...

I like the non-metalic gray and tan you see now days. No matter what color you choose... it won't hide the coolness.