• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Key code?

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
Been gone a long time, so I thought I'd say howdy, y'all.

I should know this, and yet I don't. Search is no help.

Bought a 2010 RangerXLT extended cab last week, and of course it was typical: no books, one key fob (but two keys, so there's that), no key code info.

How do I get the key code?

And has anyone ever heard of Ford being able to provide a copy of the original window sticker? I know that's a definite long shot, but worth asking.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Welcome back Dave! Been wondering. Book found online, E-Bay. No idea of key code. Might want to try the Ford Customer Assistance Center in Dearborn. don't have their number. Any plans for the new ride?
Dave of the Nord

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
im confused, what exactly is it youre looking for? youve got 2 keys, so you can program more to the truck. you can also program key fobs to the truck as well. i dont recall the procedure right off my head, but its the truck that's programmed to the keys/fobs, not the other way around...

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Well as I live and breathe, it's Dave. Next thing you know RSH is gonna start posting again too.

im confused, what exactly is it youre looking for? youve got 2 keys, so you can program more to the truck. you can also program key fobs to the truck as well. i dont recall the procedure right off my head, but its the truck that's programmed to the keys/fobs, not the other way around...
Kunar, he is looking for the combination for the keyless entry code pad on the driver's door.

Dave, if it is the factory installed unit that is embedded into the door the code can be retrieved with a Ford scanner. On vehicles with a RAP module to code is often also printed on a sticker on the module. Not sure off the top of my head if 2010 will have that or not, most vehicles by that year the keyless entry function was part of the BCM and that sticker won't be there.

If you have the stick-on wireless one and the code card is lost the only option is to buy a new unit.

As for getting a copy of the original Monroney label, good luck. If all you wanted it for was that code it wouldn't be of any use anyway, the code isn't on that label. It comes on a little plastic card that is in the owners manual packet. Calling Ford directly would be about your only hope.

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
Welcome back Dave! Been wondering. Book found online, E-Bay. No idea of key code. Might want to try the Ford Customer Assistance Center in Dearborn. don't have their number. Any plans for the new ride?
Dave of the Nord
Hey Dave! Every time I pass Stumpy's I think of our meet.

Bought a black XLT, 4.0, with an automatic... Had to make the supreme sacrifice so Deb could drive it. Has the steel wheels with chrome skins, want to find a set of OEM alloys like I have on my Mazda. Few scratches here and there, nothing major. Nothing a good detail won't help, for sure. Needs a bath inside, but that's easily handled too.

Found the book set - purchased and received, found a couple fobs, same. Programmed those today, and it's all good. Need a spare key, just in case.

Going to keep the truck mostly stock, as a DD. Came with an older fiberglas topper, want to replace that with a tonneau. Never cared for caps all that much, and this one's probably 25 years old and on it's third rig: current color is black, but there's red and green underneath. HAD a ladder rack on it, PO decided it'd be a great idea to remove the rack and leave the holes open. Some electrical tape will suffice for now. Also decided it'd be a good idea to never protect the lock on the handle, so that's on order.

Need to find that number for Ford CS, and give them a jingle.

-Dave of the not-so-far north.

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Kunar, he is looking for the combination for the keyless entry code pad on the driver's door
Ohh, okay. That thought briefly crossed my mind, but I honestly can't recall ever seeing a ranger with the keypad on the door. Surely you know the newer stuff much better than me though! :icon_thumby:

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
Well as I live and breathe, it's Dave. Next thing you know RSH is gonna start posting again too.
Hey bud! You stopped head-butting stuff yet? :D

Kunar, he is looking for the combination for the keyless entry code pad on the driver's door.

Dave, if it is the factory installed unit that is embedded into the door the code can be retrieved with a Ford scanner. On vehicles with a RAP module to code is often also printed on a sticker on the module. Not sure off the top of my head if 2010 will have that or not, most vehicles by that year the keyless entry function was part of the BCM and that sticker won't be there.

If you have the stick-on wireless one and the code card is lost the only option is to buy a new unit.
Actually no, what I'm looking for is the actual cut-key code. My truck has keyless, no touchpad installed. All done by fob remote.

As for getting a copy of the original Monroney label, good luck. If all you wanted it for was that code it wouldn't be of any use anyway, the code isn't on that label. It comes on a little plastic card that is in the owners manual packet. Calling Ford directly would be about your only hope.
That's about what I figured, but wanted to float it anyway. I knew the code wouldn't be on there, just wanted it because I'm kinda nit-picky about having all the paperwork. Call it 'quirky.':icon_twisted:

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
In that case, the selling dealership, or really any dealership, can look it up for you. Most will (and all are supposed to) require you to provide proof ownership before giving you the code. So have the registration and your driver's license or other government issued photo ID ready.

I personally can't look that up for you, only parts managers have access to that system. Ford doesn't even include those codes with the cars anymore like they did in the 90s and earlier. Ford just keeps the info in a database, goes back about 10 years.

Headbutting stuff? Nah. Were you around for the hammer story two years ago?

Last edited:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Welcome back Dave!

When I saw it was your post I immediately checked the date...surprise~ We've had someone reviving old threads and I often see members names who haven't been on for a while...

Anyway...nice seeing you around again...

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Welcome back Dave!

When I saw it was your post I immediately checked the date...surprise~ We've had someone reviving old threads and I often see members names who haven't been on for a while...

I did the same thing Mark. I assumed this had to be some new guy posting in a years-dead thread.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Welcome back Dave.

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
In that case, the selling dealership, or really any dealership, can look it up for you. Most will (and all are supposed to) require you to provide proof ownership before giving you the code. So have the registration and your driver's license or other government issued photo ID ready.

I personally can't look that up for you, only parts managers have access to that system. Ford doesn't even include those codes with the cars anymore like they did in the 90s and earlier. Ford just keeps the info in a database, goes back about 10 years.

Headbutting stuff? Nah. Were you around for the hammer story two years ago?
Looks like I'll be heading to the dealer today. Thanks for the info.

Hammer story...don't remember that one.

Welcome back Dave!

Hey Mark, how's it going?

Welcome back Dave.
Thanks Hoosier. How you been, man?

Last edited:

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Hammer story...don't remember that one.
I was trying to rotate the tires on a truck that was long overdue for it and the wheels were pretty stuck. I was beating on it with a deadblow hammer, missed the rim, hit the tire and caught the hammer in the face when it bounced back. I had to go to the hospital, got 8 stitches in my forehead, and everything was really really funny for two weeks.

Last edited:

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Thanks Hoosier. How you been, man?
Missing my Ranger. I should have never gotten rid of it. Traded it in on a RX-8. HUGE MISTAKE on my part. Love the car but the owners associated with it are ass hats to say the least.

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
I was trying to rotate the tires on a truck that was long overdue for it and the wheels were pretty stuck. I was beating on it with a deadblow hammer, missed the rim, hit the tire and caught the hammer in the face when it bounced back. I had to go to the hospital, got 8 stitches in my forehead, and everything was really really funny for two weeks.
Man, am I sorry I missed this. Even better would have been to witness it. Something straight out of a Marx Brothers movie.

Missing my Ranger. I should have never gotten rid of it. Traded it in on a RX-8. HUGE MISTAKE on my part. Love the car but the owners associated with it are ass hats to say the least.
My son wanted an RX8 for awhile until he read about the maintenance interval on the rotor seals...that changed his mind pretty quick.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals