• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Karma...pay it forward.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, long story....Well, this is weird...I just got home from Walmart. I ran in there to buy cat food, and food for my backyard wildlife get a pair of jeans and a few yard shirts. I buy this pair of Wrangler jeans and they say 34x32 on the removable sticky label. That is the waist I wear and the length is perfect for me since I don't like really long pants legs when I am wearing boots out in the wilderness. So I get home and I put on the new pair of wranglers and they are way too long. They come out way past my feet...lol. I look at the size tag in the pants and they say 34x36...darn!!! I went back there (not too far from the house). I go to the customer service for an exchange and the lady gives me cash and I go to the clothing area and while looking at the pants I overhear two older Walmart ladies talking while they are stocking clothes near me. One lady says she is hoping to make an extra $100 this week in overtime so she can help out her disabled daughter with a new wheelchair. I walk over to them and say hello and ask if I can try on a pair of jeans and one says follow me. I go try on the jeans and they fit and then I start to leave and the lady with the disabled daughter says...'Oh!! I see a funny stain on the back of those pants leg. Go get another pair'. I grab another pair and don't try them on and say thank you and then pay and leave.

Ok....I get home...put on the pants that fit perfect, put on my boots and something feels funny in the right rear pocket...it is a wad of money. 2 $50 bills and 5 $10 dollar bills. Man...what the?? Somebody hid it there and somebody returned the pants and never looked in the pockets??? Well...I drive back there and go up to customer service and tell the lady there what happened. She just smiles and says 'Finders keepers looses weepers. It is yours to keep and you are an incredibly honest man'. So I walk around and look for that lady who needs to buy that wheelchair and hand her the money and tell her the story about finding the money in the pants that I got after she told me to grab another pair and that I overheard her talking about her daughter....ok, she hugged me all the way out to my Ranger. I can't wait to tell my wife about this story. It was meant to be. Something already great happened to me today.....so I paid it forward.

john93rangerstx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thats a good story for once

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Great story! I try to do the same all the time. My story;
The neighbor of the garage/shop I rent split with his wife. He needed a place to store his stuff for a few months. I offered a portion of my place and when he asked how much I said don't worry about it. A year later he called me and said his buddy had an old truck he was getting rid of for free. I went and saw this....

Rust free '85 b-II and frame with 4" lift!!!!!!
I took it home!

Richard

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Man, that is cool!!! Pay it forward!!!

RandyR

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, long story....Well, this is weird...I just got home from Walmart. I ran in there to buy cat food, and food for my backyard wildlife get a pair of jeans and a few yard shirts. I buy this pair of Wrangler jeans and they say 34x32 on the removable sticky label. That is the waist I wear and the length is perfect for me since I don't like really long pants legs when I am wearing boots out in the wilderness. So I get home and I put on the new pair of wranglers and they are way too long. They come out way past my feet...lol. I look at the size tag in the pants and they say 34x36...darn!!! I went back there (not too far from the house). I go to the customer service for an exchange and the lady gives me cash and I go to the clothing area and while looking at the pants I overhear two older Walmart ladies talking while they are stocking clothes near me. One lady says she is hoping to make an extra $100 this week in overtime so she can help out her disabled daughter with a new wheelchair. I walk over to them and say hello and ask if I can try on a pair of jeans and one says follow me. I go try on the jeans and they fit and then I start to leave and the lady with the disabled daughter says...'Oh!! I see a funny stain on the back of those pants leg. Go grab a different one'. So I get another pair and don't try them on and say thank you and then pay and leave.

Ok....I get home...put on the pants that fit perfect, put on my boots and something feels funny in the right rear pocket...it is a wad of money. 2 $50 bills and 5 $10 dollar bills. Man...what the?? Somebody hid it there and somebody returned the pants and never looked in the pockets??? Well...I drive back there and go up to customer service and tell the lady there what happened. She just smiles and says 'Finders keepers looses weepers. It is yours to keep and you are an incredibly honest man'. So I walk around and look for that lady who needs to buy that wheelchair and hand her the money and tell her the story about finding the money in the pants that I got after she told me to grab another pair and that I overheard her talking about her daughter....ok, she hugged me all the way out to my Ranger. I can't wait to tell my wife about this story. It was meant to be. Something already great happened to me today.....so I paid it forward.
Wow, great story! And better than my story about my battery being dead yesterday. :(
So is this story really real? I'm sure it is or you wouldn't post it, but it's the kind of story that restores my faith in humanity... so I want to be sure.
And kudos on your kindness.

Last edited:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
bravo stray, i'd like to think i would've done the same thing

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Yeah, great story...here's mine...lol

I was taking my nephew into town (long story but he is blind and I was his caregiver)...I saw someone on the side of the road obviously having car trouble...for some reason I decided to pull over (not something I usually do with my nephew in the car because he was also brain damaged and sometimes a pita with people)...

Anyway, I spoke with the guy and offered him a ride into town so he could get a CAA membership and have his vehicle towed...when he got in my vehicle my nephew started a conversation...then he recognized the guy...

The guy turned out to be a very important person in my nephew's life...he was his sponsor for AA that finally got him to quit drinking and get his act together...

I was blown away by the fact that I was compelled to stop and when I think about it I just say "The greatest is Love, God is Love, God is the greatest"...

It felt really good to be able to do that guy a small favour...:)

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
STRAY_...............you fool! NOT! :yahoo:

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
Yah, when I was being treated for breast cancer, I learned that helping folks is the best medicine. Just committing one random act of kindness, makes the world a better place. And, that there are some really decent people. I goofed on the whole thing. I think there is something ironic about a guy getting breast cancer. Also, I saw people who were terminal and that was humbling.

Last edited:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Yah, when I was being treated for breast cancer, I learned that helping folks is the best medicine. Just committing one random act of kindness, makes the world a better place. And, that there are some really decent people. I goofed on the whole thing. I think there is something ironic about a guy getting breast cancer. Also, I saw people who were terminal and that was humbling.
I met a guy in college who had breast cancer...he was only 25 or so...never heard of it in men before that...it's rare but real...glad you were able to do some good...

Doing good is good for everyone...:icon_thumby:

SnC RangeR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That tugs on my heart strings. If it had been me I don't think I could have slept very well with that 100 dollars in my wallet and not helping that girl.

87rangerxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
a little over 2 weeks ago we got my male cat fixed. my mom got him home and he was in the house for 2 day. on sunday he ran out the door when i was walking in. we could not get him. well thinking he would be back later on we didn't think much of it because hes always gone out side. well WRONG! he didn't. after sending $120 on him we were up set. put signs up and post on craigs list and a $50 reward. for 2 weeks we didn't hear a thing from anyone. he was gone. well sunday we were trying to watch a movie but the payed preview would not work. after jumping threw hoops on the phone with direct tv mom gave up and hung up. than we heard a cat out side and opend the door and there he was. not starving or beat up but good and healthy. it was really weired

Redneckryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You get my nutz cut off, I would hide and not talk to you for a couple weeks too!!!

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nah, that's a tomcat. I had one that only came to my grandmother's house. She died and I started living there. He'd only come to me, usually clawed to hell and bleeding. I liked that cat. Every one since has: clawed furniture, eaten stuff like baloons that I've had to pull out of their ass, sh!t on the walls, bled on the furniture etc. No more cats for me.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals