• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Jvc stereo deck installation issues

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
all my rbvs start with getting them legal and stupid rust holes I did not want to deal with.

But both at a good price. 87b2 FREE 104000kms currently

and this 97 4x4 manual extended cab ranger 3.0L it must have had some extra package because it has Atleast 3 skid plates under it.

so far I replaced the steering wheel since the wheel would spin 1/4th turn each way put a new driver side mirror on. new front bumper since mine was rusted to hell new stereo since mine was non existent. new signal lights (broken) its going to go in for a windshield once its on the road I have the 99 seats to go in and I still need most of my safety equipment. Also it came with a CEL that was fixed by simply re attaching the severed wire. either way I paid 1100$ for it and its worth at least 3300$ here. also its an American truck so its in mile 125000. stupid Americans and there stubborn imperial system:D

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
Haha hec0 you are going to laugh. My 93 is also from the states, I had to replace a bunch of steering components, it also needed a windshield, the stereo is also non-existent, it also need new mirror glass, the bumper was also rusty(painted it up), pretty sure it has 156,000 miles on it and it got it for $1200.

Check it out you may see some humorous similarities.

*edit* and the driver's seat is all torn up, need repair/replacement too:D

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Yeah it looked like somebody hacked up my driver seat with a dull knife in an effort to remove the armrest/storage thing they did that successfully. I also replaced the multifunction switch on the steering and I did replace the mirror because the glass was shattered and my bumper was too rusty to fix literally huge flake were falling off as I was removing it. I read your whole build thread a few times now. I read the whole thing before I posted that because I realized that our trucks are very similar. When my Truck grows up It wants to be just like yours. :pray:

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
I read your whole build thread a few times now. I read the whole thing before I posted that because I realized that our trucks are very similar. When my Truck grows up It wants to be just like yours. :pray:
Well, I'll be sure to tell it that tomorrow:blush:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals