Just picked up my second FACTORY Ranger EV this weekend!

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 32B05A80BF19AF Expires: July 1st, 2020

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That's pretty cool AJ

ajbessinger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger EV
Engine Size
Electric!
Transmission
Automatic
I'm putting this truck up for sale. I was originally going to use this one as a parts rig for my white truck, but it's in too good of shape to tear apart, especially as rare as these trucks are... And I certainly don't need two of them!
My as is asking price is $2,000. Needs new batteries to run, was last driven about 3 years ago. If it doesn't sell, I might fix it up and sell as a running truck, but the price would skyrocket if I were to do that...
If anyone is interested in it either way, let me know! I might be willing to customize a new pack for it to fit your needs for the right price!

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
205/75-R15
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Interesting, never seen an electric one. Would be cool to see how they worked.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm putting this truck up for sale. I was originally going to use this one as a parts rig for my white truck, but it's in too good of shape to tear apart, especially as rare as these trucks are... And I certainly don't need two of them!
My as is asking price is $2,000. Needs new batteries to run, was last driven about 3 years ago. If it doesn't sell, I might fix it up and sell as a running truck, but the price would skyrocket if I were to do that...
If anyone is interested in it either way, let me know! I might be willing to customize a new pack for it to fit your needs for the right price!
Fix it up and use it!
You might get the best offers while driving it around

racsan

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 (mostly)
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3/140-4
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/15
My credo
built, not bought
Im not sure about other states, but I noticed when I was renewing my plates online a few weeks ago, theres a massive surcharge for having a electric vehicle in ohio, like 300$ or $400 (I forget exactly, but it’s somewhere around those numbers) Id be pissed. Im guessing its because they cant collect gas tax , so there going to hit you all at once when you renew plates. Good reason to convert one, but keep the gas chassis/vin

Dirtman

Clam chowdah!
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
466.63 teaspoons.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
So friggin big!
My credo
RUM HAM!!!
There's probably a way to get that money back. You can probably write it off or fill out form 33-4B sub section 42c1 at the US redundant department of redundancy and exotic pet licensing for a tax rebate and 12.6% off all parrot permit fees.

JoshT

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
cool, wander if one of these could be updated with more modern battery tech. I would guess that the motor is good enough as is, but there are probably more efficient of those now too.

joeytino

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have 98 and it needs new batteries. I updated it to 12v AGM when I first bought it, but they really did not last long. I was given a set of NIMH ( minus 1 sadly) and all of the hardware to swap the Pb setup to NIMH. I have the NGS tester and all of the Ford tools - long story - but with all of the free time I have at the moment it is looking at me and I can hear it say "You no longer have an excuse not to work on me." So I need to figure out what I have that is still up to the task. I am wondering if there is a stand alone NIMH charger available that I can go though the batteries and see what is still good at this point. Google searching only comes up with chargers for little batteries. Any help would be appreciated.