• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just checking in

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
Just checking in. How’s everybody doing? I’m still riding my V65 Magna to work every day because some days my truck runs and some days it doesn’t. Seems to be completely random. The rear fuel pump dies randomly. I did drive it 200 miles on the 12yo gas in the front tank. Ran 5gal of fresh gas and fuel stabilizer along with fuel system cleaner through it and it’s running smooth but still randomly dies. I’m thinking maybe the fuel pump relay is bad.

It goes through fuel filters like they are candy... like 2 a month.... I got some crap in the rear tank somewhere. Guess I need to pull the trigger and drop the tanks and clean the out.

So happy Christmahauniquanzica and a merry new year to everybody :icon_hornsup:

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
I'm doing 'aight. Happy holidays and whatnot to you too.

Might check your battery cable ECM ground - the little wire that comes straight off the negative battery terminal. That grounds out the ECM and fuel pump... I have had issues with it on a bunch of '85 up EFI Fords. Gets corroded and can be broken inside the insulation.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
This wire you speak of.... I had one little black wire coming off the battery terminal clamp that went straight to ground (which I changed to 4g) and a 2g wire going to the block. No other wires off the neg.

Where in the harness do I find the ground wires for the ecu and fuel pump?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals