• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just an idea

reno

Reaction score
I am installing a Sound system in my kids car, he will need a capacitor. From everything I have read on this, it helps to stabalize power. Now my question is, why would this not work to stabalize the power consumption of the HHO? I am not saying the HHO works or does not work, I am asking about stabalizing the power consumption.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
The reason HHO will not work has nothing to do with "stabilizing" power. It's that you can't sustain it because you will always use more than you can generate.

reno

Reaction score
I am not arguing, but the last posts that were made in several threads was the power to produce was not feasible. That is why I asked about the Capacitor. It should supply plenty of power while using very little from our charging system. Seems to me that HHO is just an "Additive" anyways and would not want to much being mixed anyways, correct? Guess you would call it "gas price fix in a tube"? Instead of a mechanic in a can?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Think of a capaciter like a barrel, and the charging system like a hose. Sure you can dump the barrel and put out a fire quickly, but you still have to wait for the hose to refill it for the next fire... too many fires too quickly and the barrel can't fill in time to be of use (or the capaciter recharge) and you are back to using the hose anyway. It can only store what it is given, not generate more. Capacitors are kind of like a battery really. Sorry, but there is no free lunch.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Think of a capaciter like a barrel, and the charging system like a hose. Sure you can dump the barrel and put out a fire quickly, but you still have to wait for the hose to refill it for the next fire... too many fires too quickly and the barrel can't fill in time to be of use (or the capaciter recharge) and you are back to using the hose anyway. It can only store what it is given, not generate more. Capacitors are kind of like a battery really. Sorry, but there is no free lunch.
Good analogy, but I think a more apt one under the current circumstances is a toilet tank. :D

reno

Reaction score
Then a capacitor is quite useless on a 1000W Car amp? Capacitors filter the DC voltage to keep it at 12v, charges and discharges very rapidly, once charged uses very little from the source. I just dont see it dumping more for a HHO and less for a 1000W Amp. :no2: That amp really pulls some power, a hell of a lot more than a HHO. I know you guys are 100% against HHO and will do anything to do away with it, but if one thing will do the job, even if the HHO is a scam, why say anything associated with HHO won't work?

In other words, if the Cap will supply more than enough power to run the HHO, but the HHO is a scam, should the answer not be....... "The cap will more than effecient to power the HHO, but you are wasting more money because the HHO is a scam"?

Be honest, if parts of this will work, and other parts won't, point that out. Be a part of the solution, not the problem. The best way to dissolve anything is by just being honest and pointing out the good and the bad in simple terms, will usually win the argument.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't know much about the HHO deal, but if it has already been stated that the HHO system is too much for the stock charging system, your charging system will not be able to keep the capacitor charged either. It has to be able to put back in what the HHO is taking out.

A car amp wouldn't be a constant draw, only when the bass hits... so it could recover in between hits. The advantage to one in that application is you have the juice ready and waiting for it, rather than waiting for the alternator to sense it and kick it up, by which time is too late.

reno

Reaction score
I don't know much about the HHO deal, but if it has already been stated that the HHO system is too much for the stock charging system, your charging system will not be able to keep the capacitor charged either. It has to be able to put back in what the HHO is taking out.

A car amp wouldn't be a constant draw, only when the bass hits... so it could recover in between hits. The advantage to one in that application is you have the juice ready and waiting for it, rather than waiting for the alternator to sense it and kick it up, by which time is too late.
Ah, but with that statement could be this, The HHO have a PWM (Pulse Wave Modifier) which is a 555 timer that turns the power off and on to the HHO in mili seconds or more if you like, it is adjustable.

But Allan D cleared this up in another thread that I forgot about posting in.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ah, but with that statement could be this, The HHO have a PWM (Pulse Wave Modifier) which is a 555 timer that turns the power off and on to the HHO in mili seconds or more if you like, it is adjustable.

But Allan D cleared this up in another thread that I forgot about posting in.
Then you reduce the amount of hydrogen you produce by the 555's duty cycle.

You really can't win. Follow the energies. You're trying to make more than you use with no additional input of energy. It's simply impossible no matter what gyrations you go through.

Capacitors are useful for audio systems because the load is far from continuous. You CAN underpower them, and if you do, you need a bigger amp with a bigger power source, and no capacitor will fix that. Caps are useful for percussive and other high-amplitude, short-duration sounds.

philzilla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Almost 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Heres the deal, you cant produce enough of the "HHO" gas to run your car off of

Im not saying there right all the time but mythbuster did this same expieriment and the output was very slow, youd have to wait for it to build up all night before you could drive your car down the street

the Bond of water is very strong because hydrogen wants to steal electrons from oxygen
and trying to rip that bond apart takes alot of energy

thantil

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
sorry but it is not a Pulse Wave Modifier, it is Pulse a width Modulator.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals