• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just alittle info on how i decided on doing my swap..it may help someone out..

morse johnson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
At the beginning when i started my swap i didnt no what to get and didnt have many peeps to ask. So what i did know is how to work google and ask as many questions as possible so it would let me know if i wanted to tackle this monster. After googling my butt off for months i started going to the junkyard and picking up things that i needed. I didnt even have a truck yet lol hell@the time it didnt matter because i was stuck on doing the swap. Man i can remember going on youtube and looking@ so many 302 swaps shit i started repeating by watching certain trucks on youtube over and over again. Its some nice as ranger 302 swaps video on there. Before i decided to do this i wanted much info that i could comprehend. Before i got the truck and had rebuild a 87 crown vic motor non ho that i turn in 2 and ho. After i had rebuild that i found a truck on craiglist 91 2wd for $500. I will let yall in on something this shit sounds crazy but i know i took that damyum motor out about 20X before that mofo was in to stay.:headbang: My friends would come over and laugh there ass off@ me and that motor. But i would just like to share wit the peeps for those who wants to do the swap and want everyone else to do there homework for them...one word impossible ..i will say this you really have to be open minded and try to plan before you cut or you will be cutting again just to make things fit.I am pretty sure many guys up here struggled with the radiator core support i know i did but@ the end i did a great job on planning that radiator to fit. i could go on and on but 1 thing i can say is that this has been 1 fun as project:icon_thumby:. I just hope that next guy swap be as fun as mines. Hey guys i'm not finished with it and probably will not be until early spring because i want a paint job and interior work. I just couldnt see myself hacking my truck up just to get it on the road for peeps to look@ and then asking why did you cut that like that..:sad: Have fun with that project i know i am.

Last edited:

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I'm waiting to have land to store parts and get the setup I need and skills to do it. So it's a when I am ready thing. I have no plans now. I wanted to jump on it "foot in ass" but I decided to wait. I mean the trucks fast enough for me... I'd only want a v8 for the sound and to rape some cars. Not worth it at moment.

morse johnson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah bilzy7 that is what i'm all about the sound because i know she will have alittle power but my sound will be nice when i pull up on a big ass Shevy.{chevy}

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Ya, that's the main thing, sounding meaner then a full size with an equal engine.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
:D

noise.....8 cylinders....very addictive

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Ya sound is addictive, but I can't understand how civic owners think their cars sound good... Done right yes, but 90% of noise making civics(I use civic as a general pos car term) sound like asshole...

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Sry for taking your thread off topic... Ignore the man behind the curtain.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"

morse johnson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
here are some pictures of my heater i cut quite much of it out because im going to run my plenum the way a crown vic and other cars had theres. But mines is an HO. i have plenty of clearance to run my air filter attachments and all my wiring has been lengthen. Also 1 picture is of my radiator and how i made a holder so my radiator could go forward. The other holes you see in that picture are for my condenser. Hope you like it.

Attachments

morse johnson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
here are a few pictures of my front end coming together. also i put the electric fan in and it really fits well.

Attachments

morse johnson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Update on my truck

I have wired the efi system and i have voltage going to EEC and fuel pump works and TFI is giving the correct readings to start motor. I have primed the oil pump the motor sounds good when just turning it over i haven't started it yet tho. I'm just coming up with a way of mounting my mass air system. You will notice in picture my frame that i made to mount it to. My motor is HO but i decided to put my plenum the opposite way this is why i had to come up with a mass air system mount.

Attachments

morse johnson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
c4 kickdown cable bracket extension

Hey guys this is what i made for my c4 kickdown cable extension i didnt want to buy 1 of those pricey lokar ones. I used a piece of metal and cut a slot in it so when the throttle is fully open the c4 tranny engages about 3/8 of and inch real simple and cheap. I got the piece of brass and clip off an 89 crown vic i believe but that came from the junk yard.

Attachments

adamshadow2008

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Automatic
looking sharp man,got an update for us? Would love to see some more pictures.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals