• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Jeep dana 30 i want the best

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
definatly another situation for keep the ttb:icon_cheers:

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i dont play that much i never crawl. i just play in mud or snow. and i dont even do that much. just one in a while. so i with me just doing this would a dana 30 hold up or im not really sure on thsi SAS stuff
So you think a straight axle looks better? Is that your reason?

The TTB is the same thing as a straight axle. All the same parts. The only difference is that one axle shaft has an extra u-joint in it, and the axle housing is seperated with the end of each half hung from the opposing frame rail. That's it. The D35 is not weaker than the D30--it's stronger. There is less unsprung weight in a TTB making it ride more smoothly as there is less energy for the shocks to have to control. The downside is that if you don't know what you are doing when you modify your suspension you will hit some geometric limits that can make the truck dangerous and unpleasant to drive. This makes people who lifted it, had trouble, cursed it and tore it out say bad things about it. All of these issues can be corrected though. You can make a lifted truck drive like a stock truck if you understand how to set it up. Lots of people here can help.

My truck's suspension is as floppy as a wet lasagna noodle and it does not dip, dodge, dive, duck or dodge when driven. It will take you more thinking to do the D30 swap than it will to level your steering arms.

Unless you think the D30 is more attractive. Just make sure you list your D35 on here instead of scrapping it.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
the 5 "D"s of Dodge ball ..........

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
4.10 axles can be found in 4 banger Cherokees and some 5 speed 6 bangers.
And all 4 cyl wrangler's, you might be hard pressed to find the 4.10 in a 6 cyl wrangler unless it has been changed out.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

jds4racing

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 94 ranger and i want to SAS it i hate the independent suspension! but i am curious which year jeep D30 axle i should go with i don't want the disconnect shit i just want a reg axle with locking hubs!
Also u mentioned a Scout D44 how much wider are they then a ranger 8.8 axle and whats the bolt pattern on them? any help would be most appreciated!

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
The disconnect ones ,as I have read, have a casted control arm mount and the non disconnect ones dont and some guys say the cast arm mount is better to have. All they do is get a none disconect axle shaft, replace it with the disconnect one, and put a metal cover where the disconnect assembly was.

They have the same bolt pattern as the ranger rims.

Also look in the Tech Library and you should be able to find a write up of the types of D-30's and it will help you look for the one you need/want.

jds4racing

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
oh and i want to leaf spring it, the coil suspension isn't for me! i want it to be as close if not the same width as a rbv axle, without the disconnect BS! And what years i should look for!

rockwerks

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda b400
Make / Model
1996 Jeep chero
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 94 ranger and i want to SAS it i hate the independent suspension! but i am curious which year jeep D30 axle i should go with i don't want the disconnect shit i just want a reg axle with locking hubs!
Also u mentioned a Scout D44 how much wider are they then a ranger 8.8 axle and whats the bolt pattern on them? any help would be most appreciated!
good luck. on the D30 with locking hubs unless you buy narrow track old jeep or pre 67 bronco. if you wish to match the 5 x 4.5 5 bolt lug pattern

Your best bet if you wish to run leafs (downgrade) would be to run a Wagoneer Dana 44, the only problem is it is 6 bolt. You could run a rear Toyota 8" to match bolt pattern or the rear wagoneer Dana 44

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual

jds4racing

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Alright well does anyone know anything about the D30 CJ axles? i know they're leaf sprung and i checked on the Warn website and they make locking hubs! so is there a reason no one uses them? Whats the weak link on them? i appreciate all the advice out there!

Toreadorranger

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Alright well does anyone know anything about the D30 CJ axles? i know they're leaf sprung and i checked on the Warn website and they make locking hubs! so is there a reason no one uses them? Whats the weak link on them? i appreciate all the advice out there!
Passenger drop wont work with your stock drivetrain setup.

jds4racing

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Alright well what Straight axle can i use that is leaf sprung and is really similar in width or the 8.8 ranger axle, that i can use manual locking hubs on?

jds4racing

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals