• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

j-10 dana 44

grapegoat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i have been searching high and low for a wagoneer axle here on the oregon coast with no luck. but i did find an 80's j-10 dana 44. i know they are wider than a wagoneer axle. my question is: is the width the only difference? could i chop the j-10 housing to wagoneer size and slide in some wagoneer chromoly shafts?

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have been searching high and low for a wagoneer axle here on the oregon coast with no luck. but i did find an 80's j-10 dana 44. i know they are wider than a wagoneer axle. my question is: is the width the only difference? could i chop the j-10 housing to wagoneer size and slide in some wagoneer chromoly shafts?
yes

grapegoat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
whats the average cost of that at a capable shop? and would it be cheaper to get the j-10 shafts cut and re-splined vs. getting some new waggy shafts?

RacinNdrummin

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If your gonna spend that kinda money on an axle, dont waste it on a low pinion jeep axle, find a high pinion ford and mod that. If your gonna use the LP axle, run it as is...

grapegoat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
haha. thats a good point. ok screw that. the search continues. we will see what axle i find first. a waggy axle, or a hp ford to cut down.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad