• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I've had a busy month...

bduke23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've been away from TRS too long, started gettin the shakes at work today... at my new job!! That's right, I am no longer an archery tech at a hunting store. My education is finally starting to pay off, as last Monday I started as an Intern at the Saskatoon Plant for CNH (Case New Holland). And the best part... I literally doubled my wage :yahoo:. Im not too busy with any engineering work yet, still working on memorizing everything in the 800 page binder they dropped on my desk the first day, while slowly cracking away at a couple projects. More will come for sure, Im pretty excited.

I am also back on the relationship wagon (after a few month period of being a bachelor, following a breakup with the previous woman of 4 years). She's 6' and athletic (I am 6'3") and also a volleyball and basketball player like myself. We've been dating just over a month now :headbang:.

And finally, I have not forgotten about my truck. The last couple weeks she has gotten new ball joints, a cleaned and regreased front end, and 2" front lift to very nearly level it out. I like it a lot better, it was very raked before. Once I get a couple paychecks in I will be ordering all new shocks for it to match the lift. Im not worried about wrecking the stock ones in the meantime, cause they are all shot. The back two even holes in them....

On that note, in the lift process the lower shock mounting bolt on the front passenger side snapped off at the shoulder. There was enough of the stud sticking out for me to put the shock back on and strap it sideways to the radius arm, so it won't pop off if I need to drive it around the city. Anyone know where I can locate a replacement stud, or will I have to rig something up with the proper sized grade 8 bolt?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I'd rather be an archery teacher.

Good for you though.

bduke23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I really liked the job, and I love bowhunting, but it just didnt't pay enough. I had to save almost every penny I made just for living expenses, leaving me with nothing for school. And college definately isnt getting any cheaper

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
We're glad things/relationship are/is going good.....

now..........................

pics of truck/relationship......

:icon_thumby:

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
I will just grind out the old stud, punch it out, and replace it with a grade 8 bolt.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sounds like things are turning around all around. Schooling usually always pays off, cngrats on that. What kind of engineering? I did it for 40 years and now I do it from home on a contract basis.
Dave of the Nord

bduke23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I will just grind out the old stud, punch it out, and replace it with a grade 8 bolt.
Thats what my plan was originally. I did a bit of searching on here and the net and found a few mentions of replacement studs, or universal ones, but I have not been able to locate anything like that yet. Unless I do, I will just be putting in a grade 8 bolt like you suggest.

I am in Mechanical Engineering. Finished year 3/4. However I am also taking a Professional Communications Option as an add on, so I will have 2 years left for a total of 5. Im fine with extending it a year, it makes the course load a little easier (by subbing in one or two easier communications classes instead of 7 eng. classes per term) and I'll still only be 22 when I graduate :icon_surprised:. As it is I feel like I am too young for the job I have now :icon_confused:

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
hey bduke, one of my good friends is the lead header design engineer at CNH, you may run across him, oh and hes a Ranger guy :D

Musick17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Congrats on the new job! I know what you mean about feeling to young for the job you have. Im also a mechanical engineer student. I just finished my first year this spring and I already scored an internship at Eaton Cutler Hammer for the next 4 years, and I'm only 19! Same boat, Different scenario. I went from a hardware store to a paid internship also doubling the income! Its a great feeling!
Congrats on everything though, hope it ends up well for you.
Sounds like the only thing that could sweeten the deal is if you were with John Deere

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sounds like the only thing that could sweeten the deal is if you were with John Deere
+1 :stirthepot:

It is going to be really nice to have an engineer to vent to when I find something stupid. :icon_twisted: Only wish there was more red stuff in my area though to utilize this perk, with the nearest dealer half an hour away it is mostly green around here. :D

I tried the engineering thing, I worked at four different places... only one is still open and it about died out between '05 and now too. I got tired of moving and just getting used to things before the doors closed so I hung it up and am now a parts guy at a Ag shop. :icon_thumby:

bduke23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
And today I got my full motorcycle endorsement!! Beat out the graduated system by three days :yahoo:. I've been running my learners for 4 years and I ride in the city all the time to so goin back home to a small town and taking the test was a breeze.

hey bduke, one of my good friends is the lead header design engineer at CNH, you may run across him, oh and hes a Ranger guy :D
Im gonna have to introduce myself :icon_thumby:. I havent met too many people yet, mostly just the guys in the professional maintenance department which is where I work.

84bluebronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Gratz on the Bike License! I've had mine for 3 years! Riding is quite possibly one of the best feelings ever...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals