• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Is this normal gas mileage?

medicbearusaf

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
You're still refering to a pisspoor way to measure fuel econ.
that is a general idea reference not specifics if you didnt see earlier i did calculate specifics (miles driven / number of gallons replaced after filling back up to full) last time i checked that was the general idea on figuring gas mileage... granted thats not on the button but is probably only off by a 1/2-3/4 mpg... and if its so "piss poor" oh guru of gas mileage cause i used the same method you do without the 1.055 difference cause it aint gonna offset it enough to matter... it only changes it maybe like i said 1/2-3/4 of a mile per gallon diff.

Last edited:

CraigK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My method:
I record every drop of fuel I put into my vehicles in a little book. Easy, just read off the pump. I also record the date and exact mileage from the odometer at each addition. I do this even when I just get $10 or $20, and do not fill up. Then, every so often, I fill the tank to the absolute top. With the vehicle on a level gas pump pad. I even gently rock the vehicle to get trapped air out. Literally until no more gas will fit in. Usually takes about 10-15 minutes to do this. (Okay, so I need a life.)

Then I calculate total miles from absolute fill-up to absolute fill-up, using the entire amount of gas I've used, including all the partial fill-ups. I get calculated mileage numbers that are probably precisie to the tenth of a gallon, and as accurate as the odometer is (standard sized tires).

CraigK

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals