• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Is there someone that can build me a bumper?

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey everyone. My truck was in an accident months ago so the front end got screwed up a bit. I got a bumper from someone on here, but the brackets didnt line up correctly for some reason. So i need to go out and get a new one. But i was wondering if there was someone that lives near me that could make me a good offroad bumper.

I live in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan (Canada). Odds are there wont be anyone that can and/or wants to, but i figured i would ask anyways lol. I dont do any real hardcore stuff. But i plan on lifting it and doing the basic stuff, so i would want something that can take some beating. :p

Here are a few pics of the basic style i like that i've seen so far. Feel free to post suggestions for gen2 bumpers. these were just from the "Lets see those bumpers" or whatever thread in here lol. If anyone had a problem with me posting a pic of their truck from there, let me know and ill get rid of it. Just were a few i kinda liked lol.

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Also would be cool to maybe incorperate a push bar or something into it. Idk lol Just going for a good agressive offroad look that can perform better over just a stock bumper

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
I can, $150, shipping is on you, I would be used heavy duty angle iron.

lethal-threat-b288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
kip what about rear bumper? sorry for the jack!

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the last picture you posted is a warn bumper...i have the same one in chrome, and its for sale

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok sweet. didnt think i would get many, if any, replies lol.

Well I can spend a good amount on this bumper, just would have to be check-to-check as to how long it takes to get it. Generally i can throw out 300 a check, so if it is possible to get a good one made for 300 that would be great. How can we figure out what design and such would be best? I cant do any CAD stuff.

And Kip, could you figure out how much shipping would be? Im guessing it will be insane... lol I was hoping for someone around where i am so that we could figure something out to not have to ship. But if it wont break the bank too much, i wouldnt mind doing that. My postal code is S6H 2J3 If you feel like checking. lol

And idk much about what materials or designs are best. I just want something that will withstand punishment, and give it a rougher offroad-built look lol. What designs are able to be made? I found another bumper i really like, would this one (below) be do-able? Thanks for the replies guys :)

Can someone give me a rough guess on how much this bumper (pictured) would cost to build and ship? Sorry, i just dont know anything about building your own stuff. Wouldnt even know where to get the materials lol

Last edited:

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the last picture you posted is a warn bumper...i have the same one in chrome, and its for sale
Can you pm or email me some pics and general info such as price and shipping? Fits an '89 right?

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
Shipping, unless you want something light weight, would break a pretty penny, even if it was light.... so go with a prebuilt or a closer fabricator

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Can you pm or email me some pics and general info such as price and shipping? Fits an '89 right?
here are a couple pics of it for ya.....

l8r, John

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
There's got to be some one local that can fix the bumper you already bought for a lot cheaper. Check in the yellow pages for welding shops. Just a thought.
Good luck,

Richard

Daven

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There's got to be some one local that can fix the bumper you already bought for a lot cheaper. Check in the yellow pages for welding shops. Just a thought.
Good luck,

Richard
I live in a small city, so theres not many people here. And of those people even few that would know of TRS lol. But i dont want a stock bumper anymore. I want something that can take some punishment and give me better offroad capabilities. That last pic of a bumper that i posted i really like... Anyone know how much i will have to pay to get that built and shipped? Maybe if theres someone close enough i can get away with a almost good price lol I dont mine spending hundreds on this if it will work. Let me know your suggestions and prices that you estimate and we will go from there. Right now there is no price cap, just would like to keep it under 600 alltogether and it will take some time to get cash together lol.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
can you not do it???? you have a welder or anything?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals