• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Is RangerPowerSports.com Gone Forever??

2Krngr

Parts Hoarder
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 Supercab
Make / Model
Stepside
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L GT40
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
The site has been down for well over a month, I know it had been slow for a few years now. But it was defiantly another very valuable source of Ranger information, especially for bagged truck build threads and information, where most the other ranger forums are more geared to off-roading information.

TRS and the other couple ranger sites are still going, but it seems such a shame that RPS and it's 2 decades of incredible information and builds are possibly gone forever..

If it is indeed gone, is there any hope in archiving the old threads into a section at TRS or another Ranger forum to help keep the ranger community alive? I for one would be glad to financially contribute to help this happen.

Or if anyone has any information about the status of RPS, who to contact about helping them financially to take over or archive the forum somewhere to at least keep the old information available for viewing, please let me know.

Sorry to TRS if this is inappropriate to your terms of service, no offense intended, just looking to help keep the Ranger scene alive.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
While I don't really have any answers I don't think your post is inappropriate. I believe that I even remember seeing Jim post here that if RPS, or any of several other Ranger specific forums were in need of financial help to keep the server running he would help if he could, so don't worry there.

You are correct that different forum communities tend towards different topics, and that RPS was/is pretty much king for lowering info. They have gone down before IIRC, and always seem to come back. I really don't know what happened though.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
According to a post on their facebook page on Sept 18th, they aren't sure what the problem is, but they're working on getting the site back up. Seems like they didn't intentionally shut it down. Hopefully they're successful because like you said, there's a ton of knowledge posted over there that would really suck to lose.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
wow thats a serious problem because I think its been closer to 2 months its been down. Hopefully nothing is lost.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I remember when it was just myself and Jim Karnes from Ranger Power Sports. He did the 2WD and I did the 4WD. Other sites have came and went. Some were sold or are corporate owned. I really hope Jim gets it worked out.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I remember when it was just myself and Jim Karnes from Ranger Power Sports. He did the 2WD and I did the 4WD. Other sites have came and went. Some were sold or are corporate owned. I really hope Jim gets it worked out.
Maybe you guys should have just started one site together and called it RangerJims.

Or maybe I need to start sleeping again.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
Jim's Ranger community

Adsm08 you need to sleep and I need a job...

rangerbagged

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I hope seine can help with my question. The site won't let me use the search box so I couldn't look it up. I'm building a 94 bagged and bodied ext cab ranger on 22"s with a t5 mustang transmission and an 85 toyota rear end. I'd like to put a 2 piece driveshaft back in it but not sure what would work the best. I figure I'll have to shorten it and possibly change the flanges but that not a problem. I checked on building 1 and it's gonna be about $600. So any ideas on this subject would be appreciated.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
I hope seine can help with my question. The site won't let me use the search box so I couldn't look it up. I'm building a 94 bagged and bodied ext cab ranger on 22"s with a t5 mustang transmission and an 85 toyota rear end. I'd like to put a 2 piece driveshaft back in it but not sure what would work the best. I figure I'll have to shorten it and possibly change the flanges but that not a problem. I checked on building 1 and it's gonna be about $600. So any ideas on this subject would be appreciated.
This should be posted as a separate thread.

2Krngr

Parts Hoarder
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000 Supercab
Make / Model
Stepside
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L GT40
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
The site has been down over a year now :( the facebook page stated that it was trying to be worked out.

As mentioned before I would be willing to donate what I could both time and finances to either get it back online, or to help in any way to get the threads and photos migrated into this or another ranger forum or just parked on a fixed archive domain, so the history can be viewed even if not a usable forum.

There is so much ranger history especially in the street, lowered, airbag, hydro, stereo, bodykit, turbo, and show coverage topics than the other ranger forums with most of their user base focused on 4x4/offroad and oem maintenance content.

It really is a shame if the information is never revived and archived somewhere for the ranger fans that will be doing their thing to the millions of rangers still out there.

My first vehicle was a well used 88 Ranger I bought in the 10th grade in 1994, and 23 years later I've had dozens of other vehicles and always had at least 1 ranger, I've never been without one. I still have a Ranger, and Bseries, and an Explorer on top of the 4 other cars I currently have. And I know I'm not the only one here that has the appreciation for this great platform. I will never sell my current project ranger that I bought brand new in 2000 and still own, even though I've bought and sold many others during the time of owning that one. And ever since 1998 I followed RPS and built many trucks for myself and friends utilizing the resources from RPS and the other Ranger/Explorer forums as well.

Last edited:

longbedGTs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Just tried to access RPS but nothing is happening. Is it down permanently? Shame since RPS and this site are where I found knowledge and motivation when I joined both back in 2002. There was that Turkish hacker group that hacked this site (2 times IIRC around '06 or so), but I never really "left". Glad to see TRS is still going strong.

Last edited:

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
there are 3 places i visit.

2 are hacked.

:annoyed: not good.

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Wasnt there another ranger site that used to act like they were at war with us? Cant remember for sure, it wasnt RPS, but maybe fordranger.com?

As for RPS, i never hung out there, i think i had an account but only posted 3 or 4 times. Im guessing if it isnt back by now its not coming back.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
RPS had some good info on the V8 swap regarding the wiring that was only there. Lots from there and here are also on one of the many facebook groups.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
So Adam Baker took over the site from Jim Karnes over a year ago. They have both said they were going to work to resurrect the site. Hard to say whether or not anything is being done. Supposedly no one knows what happened to make it go down.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals