• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Is it going to give me any lift?

Sweet-85'

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
2.8L 171CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!
So I just picked up my axles for D35/8.8 swap on my Bronco II. The truck currently has a spacer lift that got it about 2in total (2.5" front, 2" block in the rear), it fits 31's fine and even has a little extra room. I've got 32's that I want to put under it, but I'm thinking I'm going to need a little more room for those.

The point is, the guy gave me the D35 with the 93 4.0 ranger springs still attached. With my spacers, are these good for any more lift on my lighter Bronco II? Maybe an inch? I'm trying to keep this as budget friendly as possible. I've had no issues with the spacer lift and suspension flex/durability, I just need more clearance.

My other Idea was to get a set of 1.5" leveling coils and go with a 3" to 3.5" block in the rear. Maybe 2" coils and a 4" block...

Thoughts?

Sweet-85'

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
2.8L 171CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Well, I decided to go with the 1.5" leveling springs and a 3.5" block. I figure I already know where I'm at with the spacers, and if I add an additional 1.5" front and rear equally, I'll stay level and have approx. 3.5-4" of lift.

Tfish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
Well, I decided to go with the 1.5" leveling springs and a 3.5" block. I figure I already know where I'm at with the spacers, and if I add an additional 1.5" front and rear equally, I'll stay level and have approx. 3.5-4" of lift.
Did you also use your lift blocks under your 1.5 lift coils? And also how much did you gain with the 1.5 springs?

Sweet-85'

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
2.8L 171CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Did you also use your lift blocks under your 1.5 lift coils? And also how much did you gain with the 1.5 springs?
Not enough. With 2.5 inch spacers and 1.5 inch springs, I only got maybe 3inches of total lift in the front. They honestly wern't much better than my stock front springs. There are pics of the results in my build thread. I ended up running a 3.5 rear block, and skyjacker 4 in front coils with a 1 in spacer in the end.

Tfish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
Not enough. With 2.5 inch spacers and 1.5 inch springs, I only got maybe 3inches of total lift in the front. They honestly wern't much better than my stock front springs. There are pics of the results in my build thread. I ended up running a 3.5 rear block, and skyjacker 4 in front coils with a 1 in spacer in the end.
I'm not looking for to much I just need 2.5 to three inches I have an f250 for wheeling I am building and gonna give the b2 to my wife I just want a little clearance . so your saying you got 3 inches with the springs and spacers?

Sweet-85'

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
2.8L 171CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I'm not looking for to much I just need 2.5 to three inches I have an f250 for wheeling I am building and gonna give the b2 to my wife I just want a little clearance . so your saying you got 3 inches with the springs and spacers?
Around that, it would be fine for clearing 31s, 32s with trimming. If thats the route you want to go, I would recommend setting up the front suspension first, and then blocking the back to match. Definately get axle drop brackets though, they can be had for about $120, and are totally worth it for the frustration they save.

Tfish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco 2
Transmission
Automatic
Around that, it would be fine for clearing 31s, 32s with trimming. If thats the route you want to go, I would recommend setting up the front suspension first, and then blocking the back to match. Definately get axle drop brackets though, they can be had for about $120, and are totally worth it for the frustration they save.
Thanks man I appreciate it

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals